Head of Procurement
Salary: Up to £60,000 plus car allowance £7,000
Location: Birchwood, Warrington, WA3
Current team size: 8
Employed in the role of Head of Procurement you will be seen as the key contact for both the client and also internal stakeholders in ensuring that contracts are delivered successfully and ensuring significant savings are achieved across the businesses.
As Head of Procurement you will be required to undertake a wide spectrum of duties including -
- Leading a UK wide procurement function
- Advising and delivering procurement/Supply Chain solutions to the client team
- Oversee both pre and post contract procurement/contracts
- Tender management
- Support the overall governance of the Procurement/ Supply Chain programme
- Lead and instruct stakeholders/senior staff from suppliers & client
The successful candidate will have worked within Indirect Procurement for a number of years, ideally with a background leading a procurement function whilst also leading outsourced and outsourcing projects. You will possess strong stakeholder engagement skills coupled with a history leading major projects, client facing and have a commercial approach to procurement.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader in what is seen as the key hire within the successful delivery of the company's internal cost saving strategy, as well as being the lead for the outsourced procurement function.
- Extensive exposure across Indirect categories.
- Commercial Approach to Procurement
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to lead teams and influence across senior/board levels
- MCIPS/Degree Qualified
- Strong Blue Chip career history