Head of Procurement
We are looking for a Head of Procurement for a rapidly growing manufacturing company (specialist healthcare sector). This is a new role created to pull together their sourcing and buying activities and to develop a procurement vision and strategy. However this is a very hands on role and will lead day to day delivery whilst increasing the team’s capability and ensure their role as a true business partners going forward.
The role will give a great opportunity for someone to implement and advocate what procurement can do particularly with the senior team. Someone who can put in place strategies and set objectives that deliver both quality and commercial results. A key focus will be to integrate procurement sourcing strategies across different business units in different locations
They are growing rapidly with over £75m sales globally they need someone who can grow and develop the team of four to meet this challenge as they expand.
The business has built its reputation on the manufacture and supply of high quality products to both public and private sectors and procurement needs to support and enhance this.
Understanding how and when procurement drives quality and when there are opportunities to drive savings or improve commercial terms is critical.
You will be ambitious and eager to develop and grow with the business. You could be at this level already and looking for a new challenge or you may be seeking a step up into your first 'Head of’ role
Background / experience / qualifications
- Experience of manufacturing and the processes, tools and methodologies used is essential
- Ideally you will experience of driving sourcing strategies that deliver quality as well as cost efficiencies
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills. You must have in-depth experience of dealing with Director and Board level people
- You must be confident and a strong advocator with results to back this up
- Expert knowledge of procurement strategies, negotiation and purchasing skills
- Experience of souring direct materials and products and indirects (services)
- Experience of working and sourcing in an International context / environment
- Educated to Degree level / CIPS qualified
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- Excellent SRM skills - able to maximise quality and delivery from key partners and suppliers
Please apply directly in the first instance by sending your CV and preferably a cover letter.
If you have not heard back within 10 days then please assume you have been unsuccessful.
- Stakeholder Engagement