Our client, based in North Yorkshire, is looking to recruit a truly high calibre leader for their procurement team who can lead a team of people based across Europe.
They are specifically looking for an experienced purchasing and supply chain professional who can excel in the areas of Inventory Management, Cost Reduction, and Team Leadership.
CIPS Qualified, and holding a degree, the successful candidate will manage a team of ten across Europe with a combined budget of circa 65m Euros.
Main areas of the job will include:
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing to improve forecast accuracy
- Drive reduction in minimum order quantity and lead-times from suppliers
- Maximise use of MRP systems
- Drive reduction in stock cover across the group
- Improve stock availability
- Reduce stock write off
- Review direct and indirect spend across the group and identify cost saving opportunities
- Drive group cost savings through purchasing synergies, tenders and cross-costing with existing and new suppliers
- Challenge cost increase through cross-costing and negotiation
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate employees
- Drive purchasing best practices
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures
- Deal with HR staffing issues
For more detail please get in touch by sending your CV