HEAD OF PROCUREMENT - CONSTRUCTION
HEAD OF PROCUREMENT - CONSTRUCTION
£60,000 to £75,000 BASIC + CAR OR 6k CAR ALLOWANCE + BENEFITS
We're exclusively recruiting on behalf of a fast-growing business within the construction industry who is looking to enhance their leadership team by recruiting a Head of Procurement to join the business.
As Head of Procurement, you'll be responsible for both creating the annual procurement strategy, as leading a small team as well as remaining hands-on with procurement activities. You'll need to collaborate with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure that you run an efficient and effective business function.
The role will require UK & International travel to Europe and the Middle East to establish and enhance new/existing supplier relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual in a Procurement Manager / Procurement Director / Head of Procurement role within the construction industry who is looking to join a forward-thinking organisation.
HEAD OF PROCUREMENT ROLE:
- Reporting to the Chief Executive, whilst working closely with the Finance Director and Sales Director to ensure smooth operational performance
- Responsible for developing an annual procurement plan and ensuring that it is robustly delivered within budget.
- Manage, build and develop the procurement team. Ensuring that the team has the appropriate skills and expertise to ensure all procurement objectives are achieved within the agreed timescales and budgets
- Identifying training needs of the existing team and implementing personal development plans
- Leading by example and remaining involved with hands-on procurement activities
- Review current procurement processes/systems and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Streamline supplier management processes and the supplier database.
- Seek out and identify new potential suppliers within the supply chain who are viable long-term partners
- Enhancing the relationship with new & existing suppliers to ensure that the business is kept in continuous supply of all essential products & services
- Engaging with the sales team & Sales Director to provide commercial information in relation to live contracts and tenders
- Engaging with the Finance Director to ensure that the procurement process align with key finance procedures & processes
- Direct & Indirect involvement with all significant negotiations to ensure that the business achieves a commercial advantage
- Working in collaboration with the HSEQ Manager to ensure that all supplier partners are compliant with all laws, compliance requirements and regulations. Ensuring that the business maintains all of the key accreditation
- Keeping on top of all changes to laws and regulations to ensure that business is only engaging with complaint suppliers
- Ensure efficient contract management all contractual matters concerning the purchases of the company
- Acting as a point of escalation for all supplier / contract disputes
- Attending regular management meetings, presenting business wide challenges from a procurement perspective, and contributing constructively to overcome business wide challenges
- Must have experience of managing / leading a procurement function at either Head of, Manager or Director level within the construction industry or construction supply chain
- Must have current Procurement / Buying / Purchasing experience within the construction industry with a track record of purchasing at multi-million-pound levels
- Prepared to travel UK wide and internationally to establish relationships with key suppliers
- Excellent leadership and people development skills
- Strong strategy and hands-on procurement experience
- Excellent business acumen with a focused commercial view
- Strong expertise around contracts and contract negotiations
- Excellent relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Problem solving abilities and able to think proactively to resolve matters independently
- Procurement Qualification an advantage but not essential
Please send your CV for the Head of Procurement via the advertisement for immediate consideration
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Procurement Manager
- Procurement Director
- Head of procurement
- head of purchasing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'