Head of Procurement 46 - 56 K
Benefits include - - 35-day holiday, Excellent Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Discounted Canteen + other excellent onsite facilities
An enterprising and aspiring institute who markets include, Technology, Engineering, Science and Education
The Role Objective
To deliver end to end strategic sourcing solutions across the organisations vast procurement portfolio with working knowledge of the OJEU process.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance the requirements of sourcing for indirect multi million pound projects with the ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders. Key to your success will be driving through the development of supplier performance improvement and management programmes as well as delivering an invaluable, high-level, procurement service to the internal customer.
Previous experience in staff management and the ability to motivate and a guide a strategic function is paramount.
- Able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Independent, self-starting, team player.
- Is natural and articulate around senior stakeholders. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior managers. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the issues to decisions needed.
- Organisational Agility. Understands relationships between businesses, functions, boards, and stakeholders.
- Success in developing and training teams.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Customer Focus. Is highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Proactive and able to influence others in the business interest.
- Relevant business degree (desirable) or equivalent intellectual status
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (desirable)
Experience, Knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of procurement systems and supply chain
- Management Experience
- Knowledge of OJEU contracts and framework preferred
- Personal communications and the ability to work independently and across multiple functions.
- Success in working with teams.
- Rigorous and inquisitive with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Results driven, highly professionalism individual who comfortably relates to many different types of people.
This role would be suitable for Head of Procurement , Head of Purchasing or Senior Procurement Manager or Category manager or Category Specialist or Category Lead or Procurement Project Manager or Procurement lead or Procurement Specialist or Procurement Manager or Sourcing Manager