Head of PR & Marketing - Malta
The firm has an outstanding opportunity for growth as they have built their business to focus equally on driving retail & commercial banking in both a branch and online basis. Their technology platform is outstanding and represents the best of modern banking with a localised touch. The ambition of the firm is to grow their presence in multiple locations within the Mediterranean and southern European regions in the medium term and expand their service capabilities as the continue to grow.
As this role is brand new, the Head of PR & Marketing will work closely with the Board and the senior management team to define the communications strategy and enhance the brand's positioning in a highly competitive market.
This role will be based full time in Malta for a minimum period of 2 years. It is then likely that you could return to London to join the wider group that is based in Canary Wharf.
This is a fully hands-on role and will require a significant amount of work from commencement. Your first objective will be to work with the CEO to determine the vision for the business and begin to define the key objectives to be delivered as part of an overall communications program.
Responsibilities will include:
* All aspects of daily management for the Marketing Department.
* Working closely with the Group Marketing Director to devise an effective marketing strategy for Malta.
* Recruitment and selection of new members of the marketing team.
* Ensuring staffing levels are maintained in order to complete all aspects of the company's marketing strategy.
* Carrying out competitor analysis to ensure the company's marketing strategy is competing effectively.
* Working closely with other heads of departments on company projects.
* Making sure that brand guidelines are adhered to in all marketing activities across the company.
* Representing the company at industry events and conferences.
* Managing the banks PR & Comms agency and partners
* Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights.
* Overall marketing strategy and execution of plans for the existing products.
* Serve as a partner to finance and product development in determining the viability of potential markets before production of a product with no business case or strategy prepared in advance.
* Working with product development teams to manage new product development.
* Managing launch campaigns for new products.
* Managing distribution channels for products.
* Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising.
* Managing media and marketing staff and external PR agencies.
* Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts including their contribution to the effectiveness of sales campaigns.
* The marketing manager position is expected to contribute a great deal to the effectiveness of the company in identifying products and markets, suggesting sales strategies and approaches, and in measuring the results of all of the efforts.
Personal experience and attributes
* Degree or equivalent in marketing field
* Previous experience in a similar position is essential ideally from a competitor or company operating in a similar market.
* Up to date knowledge of marketing best practice and an eye for creative marketing opportunities.
* Strong understanding of effective PR and Marketing Communications.
* An ability to lead and inspire marketing teams.
* Degree qualified and member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
* Experience of managing a team - desirable (as this is a growing company)
* Experience of working across Europe and remotely.
Reporting to: CEO
Travel required: Yes
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'