Head of Planning - Growth and Development
The Head of Growth and Development Services will lead on developing and implementing the Economic Development Strategy and Local Plan, building strong internal links with other Heads of Service and developing external partnerships to benefit the people and visitors to the area.
The Head of Growth and Development Services will deliver the strategic aims and objectives for Growth and Development Services which support, create and enhance economic opportunities and town centre regeneration for the benefit of all sections of the community and visitors to the area.
The Head of Growth and Development Services will lead and champion the Growth and Development Services, working closely with other Heads of Service to provide joined-up, cohesive services;
The Head of Growth and Development Services will lead on the overall delivery of the Economic Development Strategy and be responsible for achieving outcomes within the service’s remit.
The Head of Growth and Development Services will be a member of the Corporate Management team and act as a deputy for the Corporate Director of Place and Community, being responsible for the service in their absence.
Skills, Technical knowledge and qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level (preferably in Town and Country Planning)
- Relevant professional qualification (Membership of RTPI)
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of at least one of the main services within the post holder’s remit (planning, building control, growth and regeneration).
- A thorough understanding of the Local Government operating environment and a commitment to
- the principles of public service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'