Established for over 60 years, Percy Hedley Foundation is recognised nationally and internationally for the work they do in supporting over 1000 disabled people and their families through their School, College, Sports Academy, Adult Residential Centre and Employability Projects, Through a genuine passion to put the needs and aspirations of disabled people at the heart of everything they do, Percy Hedley Foundation has grown significantly currently with an income of £24m, with a business plan to continue that growth to £30m income within five years.
As such, they are undergoing a significant transformation throughout the organisation to continue to build on a real commitment to support people, whatever their level of disability, to focus on improvement and achievement. In order to start a real transformation the Foundation needs to truly drive value for money to enable them to support even more disabled people and their families.
The Head of Organisational Development is a new role created to support the delivery of the new 5 year strategic plan recognising the key contribution that high quality OD brings to a changing organisation.
The Head of Organisational Development will work closely with the CEO, Board and Senior Management Team and will play a key role in setting the future people strategy, while also bringing employees on the journey to build a `One Foundation Culture` ensuring sustained high performance across the organisation.
The aim is to ensure improved quality of work life for all employees and support team leaders in getting the best from their people, leading to higher levels of performance and productivity, therefore attracting developing and inspiring skilled and enthusiastic staff who share the Foundation`s vision.
Key elements of the role include;
- Develop, communicate and embed an OD strategy that support the Foundation`s strategic values including vision, values and behaviours
- Develop and implement a robust strategy for areas that underpin the Foundations vision of the future including leadership development, talent management, succession planning, equality and diversity, absence management, pay and reward
- Ensure understanding of workforce design and how to bring about the future state that is required, identifying gaps and providing future L&D initiatives
- Embed a culture of positive performance management and people development as fundamental to business success
- Drive employee engagement initiatives to ensure increased levels of productivity; attracting, developing and inspiring skilled and enthusiastic staff who have a shared future vision
- Work in partnership with internal communications to ensure effective communications and engagement across all levels of the organisation
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced, qualified HR professional with drive, ability and imagination seeking a fresh and very different challenge and who can drive the changes needed for the next step of the journey for the organisation.
Key experience required includes
- Chartered Membership of CIPD
- Proven ability to build, lead, develop and motivate successful teams
- Strong leadership characteristics that inspire the organisation as a whole
- Track record in successfully developing and delivering an OD business focused strategy that has delivered long term commercial benefits
- Demonstrable track record of working at a senior level and delivering change management and systems/process improvements
- Workforce planning, talent management and succession planning activities
- Significant experience delivering cultural change activities understanding the impact on employee engagement and performance
- Strong communication and influencing skills are critical, as well as ability to manage projects and multi-faceted internal and external stakeholders
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th February.
For more information on the role and Percy Hedley visit: http://employers/percy-hedley
Nigel Wright's HR Division;
With almost 20 years combined recruitment experience, Nigel Wright`s HR division specialise in HR recruitment across all levels including employee relations, reward, recruitment and learning and organisational development.
Please contact a member of our HR recruitment team for a confidential discussion about your job search.
- Sue O'Donovan - Senior appointments and Executive Search ()
- Helena Wright - Interim appointments ()
- Katie McDermott - Permanent appointments and Executive PA roles ()
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job