With multiple successful ecommerce websites and a marketplace presence this award winning SME is a rapidly growing multi-channel UK online retailer. Wallis Lynch are recruiting for a Head of Operations to join this expanding and dynamic team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who possesses excellent knowledge and understanding of business processes and work flows within a multi-market/multi brand eCommerce operation. You will take ownership of end to end operations and will plan, direct and coordinate the day to day activities within this growing ecommerce business, with responsibility for staff.
Accountable for managing the performance and efficiency of the business, through effective management of customer service/sales, warehouse/shipping operations, inventory management, and purchasing/stock control, using an ERP system.
As a customer focused online business, it is paramount that their customers receive orders complete, and on the day requested, so the candidate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and managing warehouse efficiency and accuracy.
This is a hugely exciting eCommerce opportunity, you'll need to have passion and drive to make it a success. You will need to be as comfortable being hands on and in the detail, as you are leading a large scale operation. We are looking for someone who is experienced in, or at least keen to work in, multiple areas of eCommerce.
- Effective management of the operations function and team
- Focus on customer service and sales
- Effective and accurate stock management
- Develop and monitor agreed KPI’s and report to the Chairman and MD on a monthly basis
- Management, development, appraisal and mentoring of operations teams
- Manage changes to existing policies or implementation of new policies effectively
- Inventory and order management through ERP system
- A strong understanding of all aspects of online business developed through experience in eCommerce
- Substantial knowledge and experience of operational efficiency in customer service, warehousing, logistics and inventory management within an ecommerce environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment
- Experienced people manager with a mature and clear management style, with proven results in developing both individuals and teams
- Focus on achieving cost reductions and increased profitability through the ethos of driving continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
Skills and Ability:
- Degree educated or degree calibre individual with recent experience in running a similar operation
- Customer services, logistics/shipping and purchasing (stock) experience desirable
- Effective team manager with strong delegation and communication abilities
- IT literate and experience of operating a Warehouse Management System
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Ability to manage through productivity and KPIs, must be data driven and analytical
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics and fulfilment
What is on offer:
- A fun, committed, focused environment
- A path to grow professionally through greater responsibilities and training
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent opportunities.
- Inventory Management
- Stock Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'