Based in Chelmsford, covering our Essex Operating Company
We're looking for a dynamic senior manager like you to help us drive our business forward and provide our customers with brilliant experiences. Joining us at an exciting time, you'll coach, develop and inspire everyone in your team to perform at their best every day. You'll lead by example. You'll always put safety first. And you'll help to make FirstBus a great place to work.
As Head of Operations you will be accountable for all aspects of operational performance in the Operating Company. Together with other members of the Operating Company leadership team, the role will lead the strategic direction of the Operating Company and fulfil all legal responsibilities.
Skills & experience
A talented leader, you'll know how to coach and develop managers and help them get the best out of their teams every day. You should also:
- Be able to create an ambitious vision for your team and translate our business strategy into clear action plans
- Have the confidence to lead people through change, challenge working practices and identify new technologies and ways we can do things even better
- Be customer focused with experience of seeking feedback and using it to provide customers with an even better service
- Have a good commercial brain and the ability to analyse information and make sound decisions to maximise business and financial performance
- Take new challenges in your stride and be able to keep everything running smoothly in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Have good project management skills and the tenacity to make change happen by championing and embedding initiatives that improve the way we work
- Be an influential and inspiring leader with a good understanding of HR processes and employee engagement
- Have the agility and resilience to balance costs and operational needs with looking after your team, making sure everyone is productive and feels valued and happy
- Lead the Service Performance Team and leverage technology to effectively manage service performance, fostering excellent working relationships between drivers and the Service Performance Team
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive external stakeholder engagement plan, enhancing the company's reputation and gaining support from the local business and political community
- Represent the business with local stakeholders to build a partnership approach, delivering shared objectives around public transport
- Manage team responsible for specific and prevailing contracts for third parties, ensuring contract adherence and ongoing positive stakeholder management
- Ensure active participation in the proactive management of trade union relationships, including negotiation with trade unions on behalf of operations employees
- Alongside the Engineering team, ensure positive, proactive relationships are maintained between Operations and Engineering
We want the best senior managers to join our team. So, we'll look after you with great training, benefits and opportunities to grow your career. Here, the pace is fast and you'll get stuck into all kinds of different challenges. Looking for a career packed full of variety? Excited by the challenge? Then start a new journey and apply at…The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise we have in our team. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
FirstBus is part of FirstGroup, the leading transport operator in the UK and North America. Keeping people moving and communities prospering in an increasingly congested world, we help around 2 billion customers every year to get to where they want to go. Over 100,000 of us work together in all kinds of roles to provide safe and reliable bus, rail and tram services for millions of people. It's a big challenge. But it's one we love.
- Budget Management
- Operations Management
- Public Transport
- Strategic Planning
- People Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'