Head of Operations - Fabrication & Assembly
Salary £80,000 - £90,000 (DOE) + Benefits Package
Location: South West Birmingham, West Midlands
An experienced Head of Operations is required for this bespoke design/engineering vehicle assembly business. This is an established low volume business with a diverse product portfolio and loyal customer base. With an enviable reputation for innovation and product reliability the company has ambitious growth plans and are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Head of Operations. As part of a business strategy to strengthen the senior management team your knowledge and experience will be crucial in developing a high-performance team based culture operating on modern lean manufacturing principles.
To be successful in this Head of Operations role you will have a demonstrable track record of operations or general management that includes the deployment of modern manufacturing principles within a heavy fabrication / assembly environment. The role will require effective communication an ability to work under pressure and excellent planning skills. This is a highly visible role that will require a hands-on approach with the drive and determination to ensure that exacting QCD targets and high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
To be considered for this Head of Operations position you must have:
- Significant experience working in a senior manufacturing or operations management role in a heavy fabrication or manufacturing assembly environment
- Operations management experience that includes responsibility for Design, Engineering, Production, Planning & Supply Chain
- A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles, evidenced by a track record of OTIF delivery and outstanding quality
- The ability to introduce simple but effective visual management systems and meaningful KPIs
- A degree in a relevant engineering/manufacturing discipline or equivalent qualifications backed by experience
- Significant people management and leadership experience with a real passion for coaching, training and mentoring
- A dynamic, driven personality confident and comfortable working across all levels of a manufacturing business and happy to get out on the shop floor get involved and make things happen
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity to join an ambitious company during a period of growth and change. As a member of the senior management team you will play a leading role in shaping the future direction of the business and developing a sustainable culture of continuous improvement. The ideal background for this Senior Operations Management role could be; vehicle conversion, truck & bus, specialist vehicles, military vehicles, yellow goods, automotive or general engineering. At present you will probably be working as an Operations Manager, Head of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Director or General Manager.
- vehicle conversion