Head of Operations
An exciting position has become available for an experienced Head of Operations to join our fast-growing Technology client. Working in a high-growth industry, this right candidate will have the opportunity to lead, develop and grow the services offerings for the business.
They are seeking a keen and proven leader to take responsibility of a team of talented operations and support staff based in their Scotland office.
- Responsible for the workload of Technical Account Managers and 1st line support staff, and will be supported by a local Operations Manager. The post holder will be empowered to use their initiative to make challenging decisions, and will have responsibility for the development and growth of the service offering from the Scotland arm of the business.
- Focus on supporting business as usual customers, but also the high profile projects.
- Lead the growth of their service offering to the existing customer base.
- Ensuring all daily operational issues are managed to full completion, where necessary utilising relationships with key technical and commercial members of staff in the rest of the UK team, and centrally in Sweden.
- Ensure that robust policies are in place to govern the stock and inventory levels for the region’s operations.
- Locally responsible for quarterly stock takes, and proactively executing pre-emptive remedial actions to avoid stock discrepancies.
- Manager/Teamleader mandatory tasks (process ownership, authority...etc)
- Provide weekly/regular operational overview summaries and reports to the UK Operations Director.
Work closely with other regional Operations teams, and ensure synchronicity in methodology and approach as the Scotland office continues to expand.
- Understand the business's needs and to make decisions accordingly, without feeling the need to be instructed.
- Has a personable approach, and a natural desire to build strong relationships with key decision makers inside their customer base.
Hold a leadership approach to operations, with a proven ability to delegate successfully.
Ensure that in advance of support services going live, all customer experience requirements are scoped and delivered
in accordance with the support mobilisation process.
- Always looking for ways to better use and offer enhanced services to their existing customers.
- Provide mentoring to other members of the team that are taking on support functions
Able to implement a process that ensures a fail-safe for customer communications when co-workers are not
- Comfortable negotiating SLAs, and being part of a bid/sales process to ensure we can support what we sell
To be considered for the role you must have:
- A proven track record of leading and managing a growing team in a technical and high-growth industry.
- Experience in growing a 1st/2nd line team/NOC.
- Experience in deploying/upgrading a support ticketing software tool, and leading a team as it becomes ITIL certified.
- The ability to handle senior level conflict and stakeholder management, with a problem-solving attitude.
- The ability to use initiative to resolve exceptional support issues, using their judgement to make decisions based on the situation.
- Experience of being an effective escalation point, with a track record of seeing things through to a complete and satisfactory conclusion.
- Line management experience.
- Holding or willing to undertake ITIL qualifications.
- Be able to travel internationally as needed, and regularly to Kent.
- Experience of a support and delivery environment.
- Understanding of RF technology and Wi-Fi systems and products
Omega Recruitment Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Omega Recruitment Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Due to a high volume of applications we will only be able to contact successful applicants within 5 working days. We may, however, contact you regarding other potential roles of interest.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"