Head of Operations
Benefits: 25 day’s holidays, discretionary performance bonus.
Hours: 9am-6pm Mon- Fri.
Location: London, W1.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Head of Operations to develop and lead a highly successful global search business headquartered in the west end, London. Specialising in financial technology, this highly successful firm works on behalf of leading financial organisations who apply the latest technologies to improve the success & efficiency of their businesses. My client works with a vast array of corporations that range from large, medium and smaller sized organisations such as hedge funds, trading firms, high growth tech start-ups, brokerages and investment banks to name but a few.
With offices in London, New York and Glasgow they always strive to be the leading providers within their arena. This bespoke global search firm continually provides a high level of service, with their main emphasis being on truly understanding their client’s business needs being at the core of what they do.
About the role
The Head of Operations is a crucial role to the business, ensuring the smooth running of the operations and administration procedures within the organisation. You will be joining a vibrant & hardworking team of 7 from their headquarters in the heart of the West End.The managerial, strategic and administrative workload of the company is vital for continuous business growth and stability within the organisation.
As the Head of Operations, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the office runs smoothly as possible by managing the financial and administrative departments, thereby creating a firm foundation that enables the company’s sales departments to continue to thrive.
This is a wide-ranging role with overall responsibility for Business Administration, Accounts Management, Office Management & Contractor care.
The role will involve working closely with the senior management team, particularly, the 2 partners to develop and administer the business objectives. You will take full responsibility for the co-ordination of financial bookkeeping as well being the first point of call for the contracts desk by liaising with both the clients and candidates in this department.
The key elements of the role will be communication, organisation & following processes, enabling the efficient & continuous running of this successful business.
The ideal candidate will be a highly personable, extremely organised and numerical individual. A passion for implementing procedures and motivated to work hard and take your own initiative. You will have a keen eye for efficiency improvements and must be a clear, concise and reasoned communicator using a professional manner at all times.
You will be a strong leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate others. You will ensure that all company operating policies and compliance procedures are adhered to and continuously liaise with the 2 partners on a regular basis by keeping them informed.
You will be commercially-focused & passionate with the ambition and drive to succeed. A strong work ethic and the ability to think outside the box is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee finance department
- In conjunction with the accountant you will provide the relevant bookkeeping information
- Budgets are closely monitored and controlled
- Expenses & invoices
- Payroll management for contractors
- Develop office systems and working practices that improve the efficiency of the company
- Manage utilities and service supplier’s negotiations and competitiveness assessments
- Attend and contribute to regular senior management meetings
- Ordering stationary
- Facilities management
- Setting up processes both in London and for the other global offices
- Become a primary point of contact for company communication
- Ensure employee adherence to company policies
- Make sure premises meets fire safety requirements
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation etc.
- Adhoc PA duties to the 2 partners (booking travel, schedules etc.)
- Being the first point of contact to contract candidates
- Management of payroll
- Answering queries regarding wages
- On boarding candidates & pre-screening
- Checking hours of work
- Preparation of contracts for candidates
- A high degree of professional integrity and commitment
- Likeable, personable character with a self-motivated, enthusiastic attitude
- Capable, proven team leadership and motivational skills
- A strong communicator
- Demonstrated self-learning /problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills with ability to set priorities, complete tasks without supervision and meet deadlines
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2-3 Years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally educated with A-Levels with 'A 'or 'B’’s.
- Proficient software competency with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Ability to research, understand and apply legislation and corporate guidance
- Strong numerical skills
- Commercial Operation
- Microsoft Excel
- Office Manager
- Business Operations