Head of Operational Risk Partnering - IT/Cyber Risk - Financial Services
We are looking for an experienced Head of Operational Risk Partnering with IT/Cyber risk management experience. You will report directly to the Operational Risk Director, and be a key part of the Operational Risk team. The role is required to provide oversight of operational risk and in particular IT, Information Security and Cyber Risk. In addition, the role will provide oversight and challenge to the management of operational risk across business units and central functions, highlighting gaps and driving improvements.
Our client is an established and growing Bank with many awards to its brand, this role will be based in Manchester, however, there will also be occasional travel within the role.
In this role you will lead the Operational Risk partnering team, providing oversight and challenge across business units and functions, support the implementation of the operational risk management framework and provide expert knowledge and guidance to business units and functions on operational risk identification, assessment, and management. You will manage allocation of resources to provide oversight and challenge of the operational risk profile to ensure the Bank remains within Board approved risk appetite, and ensuring skills and experience of partners is appropriate. You will work collaboratively in a relationship management approach, successfully implementing the framework elements and promoting a culture of responsibility and accountability for Operational Risk Management.
- To deputise for the Operational Risk Director at committees and steering groups as required including at senior manager, Executive and Board level.
- Provide oversight of the Bank's IT, Information Security, and Cyber risk profile and oversight of strategic IT and Cyber projects and initiatives.
- Robust oversight, monitoring and challenge of business unit and function risk and control self-assessments, management actions, and risk culture, and efficacy of management actions to manage risk in line with risk appetite.
- Challenge the efficacy of mitigating actions and plans across the Bank to ensure the operational risk profile remains within risk appetite.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Operational Risk identification, assessment, and management, partnering specific areas of the business and supporting Risk Directors in relation to Operational Risk
- Implement the operational risk management framework in a robust manner, ensuring the operational risk framework is understood, documented, communicated, enhanced and embedded
- Work with key stakeholders across business units and group functions to drive understanding and execution of operational risk best practice
- Provide oversight and challenge and operational risk expert advise in relation to strategic change projects
- Attend divisional boards and senior leadership meetings as assigned to oversee and challenge management of operational risk
Within this role you will be covering a wide range of activities. You will be responsible for presenting figures and findings at Executive and Board Level. You will also be expected to work independently but also able to form effective relationships within the business. In this role you will have 3-4 direct reports to manage throughout various locations. This is the role is for you, if you are keen to progress and make an impression within the bank.
- Head of Operational Risk Partnering - IT/Cyber Risk - Financial Services