We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Music to join a School based in East London with excellent facilities. This position will commence in June 2018 covering the start of maternity leave.
The school welcome applications from both experienced teachers seeking to widen their experience or newly qualified teachers who can contribute to this outstanding department.
- Rate of pay will be based on experience.
- You will join a highly successful department.
- Students follow the Edexcel syllabus at GCSE and OCR at A Level.
- Will be able to off Music to Key Stage 5
- The department has a busy extra-curricular programme and support from peripatetic music teachers.
- The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Effectively teach the full range of time-tabled courses in
- Plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Deliver engaging and fun lessons, which inspire pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Contribute to the development of schemes of work and subject policies as appropriate.
- Communicate appropriately and develop positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents.
- You will need:
- Qualified Teacher Status (NQTs and instructors will be considered)
- Experience in teaching KS5 Music.
- An understanding of the curriculum and knowledge of any current issues and developments within it.
- You will receive:
- An excellent career progression opportunity.
- The achievement of success by exuding a passion for learning and a driving ambition.
- Optional pension scheme. If you are interested in this teaching position or any other roles we currently have available, please do not hesitate to contact Amy (contact details can be found on our website) or alternatively please feel free to apply using the information provided.Candidates working for us can register for CPD Financial Support.
- Earn £150 per referral to Athona Education. Click here for more information.
- The school are looking to arrange interviews shortly.
- Key Stage 5
- Music Teacher
- Key Stage 3
- Key Stage 4
- Head of Music
- HOD Music
- Head of Music Teacher
- Department leader of Music
- Department leader for Music
- Musical Leader
- Head of Musical department