Morgan Hunt is working in partnership with an FE College to appoint an experienced and professional Head of MIS. The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of cross-Group data including data systems, data processing and data quality.
Key responsibilities include:
* Liaise with the relevant cross-college managers working together to form and implement College policy and set and record activity against College targets.
* Oversee data management across the College including off site locations and subcontractors. To ensure that appropriate information is provided at all levels to support effective decision making, in particular to ensure the timely, accurate collection and recording of student enrolments.
* Ensure the regular and timely production of reports to meet deadline dates for management reports, statistics and performance indicators for both financial, funding and quality purposes.
* Responsible for the training, security and accuracy of the core timetabling system which is required for the sessional pay claim system, registers for all programmes of study and staff utilisation reports.
* To be the key audit liaison officer with regard to learner number systems in respect of internal and external auditors ensuring that the College complies with audit requirements and that suitable audit trails and documentation exists.
* Develop and improve the efficiencies of the College MIS systems, with an emphasis on quality data, enhanced reporting and integration with current and new College systems such as e-tracker, Spirals, Unit 4 finance sales ledger and HR package.
* Responsible for the accurate interpretation, implementation and compliance with all regulations relating to funding and to maximise the level of funding through a thorough understanding of funding methodologies, including EFA, SFA and HEFCE.
* Manage the administration of data from partnership, franchises and other external contracts.
* Ensure that the College's systems and procedures comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
* Prepare an annual self-assessment report and set and monitor progress against the annual MIS Improvement Plan.
* Ensure college procedures are followed in recruitment and selection, induction, appraisal and monitoring of staff performance.
The successful candidate will have:
* Require knowledge and understanding of the FE sector's funding methodologies.
* An in-depth understanding of the complex database administration structure and reporting.
* Experience of successfully working in a management capacity within an MIS service function ideally at an FE college or equivalent.
* Experience of managing and supervising a large multi-functional team of staff.
* A candidate with a degree or equivalent qualification in a numerate subject area who has excellent analytical, problem solving and IT skills.
If you are an innovative senior education manager looking for a new challenge and meet the above criteria, please apply by sending your updated CV to Morgan Hunts Senior Appointments division on or call today.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job