Head of Merchandising - South West
Are you open to relocation for a Head of Position?! Quest Search & Selection are partnering with this international iconic retailer is looking for a new senior leadership position as a Head of Merchandising. This well-established brand & company is seeking a forward thinking leader to work with the Merchandise Director regarding they Merchandising, Planning and Allocation of their UK stores.
This business has around 800 domestic, international retail stores & wholesalers and is looking for someone from a high-street background to come on board and inspire & lead a team and work within their business Strategy and principles.
The ultimate role is to deliver effective management and planning of inventory to deliver the sales and profit plan involved in the Stock Supply Chain, Forecasting and for their stores and multi-channel offer.
Your responsibilities are-
- To oversee the control of all stock, supply chain, availability, forecasting and budgets
- Managing & leading a team
- To contribute and delivering the planned strategy regarding maximising sales and profit opportunities whilst achieving stock and service & margin contributions.
- As a member of the senior team, you will be a high influencer & look to get buy-in from stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Buying & Category team.
- Own brand forecasting and range plan in line with seasonal and trend demands
- Propose, agree and manage the clearance plan for products due to be exited from the business.
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's & identifying issues and solutions.
- Review weekly achieved sales, margin, stock & intake versus forecast. Propose & agree, with the Merchandise Director revision to forecast.
- Manage the 'Open to Buy' process ensuring that stock levels optimise sales by minimising overstocks and maximising stock on key lines.
To be successful you will-
- Highly experience Merchandising (Head of or Senior Merchandising) experience within a high-street retailer and to have traded a range through a WSSI & high experienced in Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin).
- They would consider most backgrounds in Fashion, Supermarkets, Home, Footwear or Accessories especially if they are involved with international /franchise stores including overseas markets and logistics.
- Currently this business operation has stores in the Far-East, Europe, Middle East & Asian markets via franchised and company own stores so exposure to these markets will be ideal.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of sales, profit and stock targets in a complex and fast moving environment
- Ability to problem solve in multi-channel business and work cross-functional with teams
- High level of influencing skills to make impact at a director level
- Strong understanding of sourcing and global supply chains
- Ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire colleagues to achieve the highest possible level of performance
- Plan, budget and forecast for a time period of 6-24 months in advance.
- Ability to work to a high standard during sustained periods of high pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent commercial, trading and data interpretation skills
- Good knowledge of external market trends & commerciality both in the UK and overseas
This is a great leadership position for someone and will provide you the opportunity to work for a global business. With this retail being based in the South-West they offer full relocation or assistance with working away from home alongside a bluechip package at this level. If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role, please apply now quoting the reference JO-1806-104670.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"