HEAD OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
"Fantastic career development opportunity for degree educated Mechanical Engineer with experience gained within a heavy industrial manufacturing environment"
C£Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Commutable from: Derbyshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Macclesfield, Chapel en le Frith, Leek, Stoke on Trent, Stockport, Buxton, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Matlock, Burton on Trent, Ashbourne, Belper, Rotherham, Dronfield, Worksop. Relocation assistance may be considered.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree level educated and ambitious Mechanical Engineer to join the plant maintenance team of a UK market leader.
Reporting to the Plant Maintenance Manager, the Head of Mechanical Engineering will lead a mechanical maintenance team and will be responsible for:
- Managing and motivating their team ensuring coordination and cooperation between departments (production, process, maintenance, procurement, senior management).
- Ensuring the execution and completion of maintenance work carried out on mechanical equipment with the highest level of safety, quality and effectiveness at minimum cost to maximise equipment operational availability.
- Applying preventative and predictive maintenance practices and contribute to plant improvements including ensuring quality control of maintenance undertaken by sub-contractors (working closely with suppliers, technical centre, and head office).
- Ensuring sustainable performance which is aligned to plant objectives, values and behaviours.
- Definition of the medium and long-term strategy for plant maintenance.
The Head of Mechanical will be experienced in the use of maintenance management software such as CMMS (Maximo), ADAP; best practice inspection and job planning; Key Equipment Basic Maintenance Operations; methods and tools for safety management and Root Cause Analysis. It goes without saying that you will be used to working to the highest levels of safety, communicating information relating to safety and obtaining confirmation that it is clearly understood and of course ensuring that key equipment is working safely and properly. You will also be responsible for ensuring site legal compliance to HSEQ, use of PPE and good housekeeping.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Must understand both engineering and broader business principles.
- Highly proficient in engineering maintenance systems such as Maximo (or similar) and also ERP systems such as SAP or JDE, Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- NEBOSH or IOSH would be highly advantageous.
- At least five years team leadership, motivation and people development experience ideally gained within the process/heavy industry sector.
- Technical knowledge of raw materials, processing and maintenance management.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards and certification process.
- Financial management and budget control.
- Track record of transformational cultural change, leading by example: innovative, inspirational and energising.
- Excellent ability to organise and construct the development of a strong team, coaching and building their performance, setting and delivering measurable results.
- Ability to grasp big-picture and key details simultaneously: anticipating barriers and resolving challenges, achieving things collaboratively.
- High personal integrity and credibility.
- A personality which challenges conventional solutions - in short a Continuous Improvement Agent.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance will also be considered.
- Industrial Minerals
- Mechanical Engineering
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'