A secondary mainstream school in Berkshire are in the need of a Head of Mathematics. The school is a vibrant and diverse school where students, staff and parents collaborate to create a strong community which has great ambition and is determined to achieve the highest of standards. This will be a full time role starting after Easter or September depending on candidate.
The school are seeking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and highly effective colleague to lead this curriculum area and continue to drive up standards in the department. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious colleague who will be able to work effectively within a team, have the ability to lead a team and will be able to secure improvements rapidly with excellent outcomes for our young people
This post will best suit a teacher who has the passion and commitment to secure success for all. The school will consider applications from current experienced practitioners looking to enhance their leadership and those colleagues wishing to develop further. We will offer a competitive negotiable salary package for an exceptional candidate.
A Subject Leader is expected to be a leading teacher in their subject area and to play a full role in the middle management team, committed to the promotion of achievement and raising standards. The Subject Leader is responsible to the Executive Headteacher for:
- Monitoring the work of the teachers in their classrooms and the standards achieved by pupils.
- The development of the subject, both its long term planning and effective day to day teaching.
- The support of staff and the representation of their views as a subject area.
- The positive attitude of students within the subject.
- The positive ethos, good order and atmosphere of the school.
- Taking a major part in the evolving and implementation of school policy.
- Supporting the school's drive to improve standards of literacy and numeracy.
- Evaluating and communicating subject area performance, priorities and targets.
- The effective and efficient use of resources and best value.
This school is a forward thinking dynamic learning community with an exceptional and special ethos. If you are committed to securing only the very best for young people and want to join a highly supportive team of colleagues who are on a rapid and successful school improvement journey with the goal of securing outstanding status, then we would be interested in meeting with you and discussing this position further.
For further details please contact Georgina Worthington or email a CV
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- secondary teacher
- maths teaching