Role: Head of Marketing
Salary: £40,000-£55,000 per annum depending on experience
Our client is a rapid growth online accommodation business that has recently acquired a fintech business as part of its ambitious growth plans.
Our client works with letting agents across 25 university cities and their platform has seen a 60% increase in users year on year as a result.
Their goal is to become synonymous as the go-to accommodation portal for students, providing the best choice of available properties with the adder bonus that bills are included.
A key part of the next stage of growth is to appoint a Head of Marketing to the newly combined businesses to drive, build and strategise the marketing function. The role will report into the Directors, with the successful candidate being part of the senior leadership meetings and eventually moving into a Marketing Director role.
This is a huge opportunity for you to make your mark on an incredibly exciting business who as well as their recent acquisition and growth plans, are moving into state of the art offices in Sheffield City Centre to accommodate their next phase.
Our client is in search of a senior and experienced marketing professional to join as their new Head of Marketing. With a focus on digital marketing, they are in search of a driven, experienced leader to be instrumental to the growth of the business.
You will be responsible for managing the marketing team, budget, recruitment and strategy into the future throughout a period of fast growth. You will be heavily involved in the overall strategy and direction of the company, advising on trends within the sector.
Reporting to the Directors and being part of the leadership team of the company (alongside a Head of Sales, Head of Technology and Head of Operations), you will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing the marketing strategy of the business.
- Managing the marketing team, including developing a marketing management hierarchy moving forward.
- Managing the marketing budget, with responsibility for all marketing commercials.
- Analysing and reporting on the return on investment and success of campaigns.
- Analysing and understanding new marketing tends within our sector.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join and progress with the business as it continues to grow rapidly.
The successful candidate:
- The ability, drive and organisation to see a project through from start to finish. From taking a passing comment or idea from someone, through planning, implementation, to ultimately delivering a successful campaign.
- A high level of expertise within online innovative digital marketing.
- The ability to develop and integrate manage social media strategies, across various channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tiktok, WhatsApp etc.)
- Experience working with both sales and operational teams across multiple projects of varying levels.
- Able to identify, analyse and consider market trends in the fast moving student demographic, with the ability to adapt and delivery content strategies quickly.
- Efficient project management, with excellent operational skills.
- Comfortable working digitally with colleagues and partners with a passion for understanding different cultures and consumer behaviours.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must be innovative and understand return on investment from marketing, managing budgets and expenses.
- Ability to track performance to identify opportunities and issues on Google Analytics and other similar platforms.
- Have an eye for design to be able to critique and adapt designs and publications.
- Have excellent skills in tracking, analysing ideas for reporting to company Directors and the rest of the leadership team.
- Relevant BA degree or MSc in a relevant marketing related course.
- A minimum of 4/5+ years of relevant work experience working across a variety of initiatives/clients and/or managing campaigns and activations.
- Student market knowledge advantageous, but not essential.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'