Head of Marketing
Position Title: Head of Marketing, DSA
Department: Sales & Marketing
Manage the PR and Marketing efforts for the Resort and Spa and to assist with sales delivery of planned sales. Success will be defined through delivery of planned transient sales, implementation of the Resort PR &Marketing Plan, ad equivalences and overall business sales requiring measurement of the return on all marketing campaigns. An overall responsibility to represent the company brand to the media audience and ensure effective communication of such from all channels of creative and communication at the resort.
- Oversee all marketing and PR activities for all areas of the business, and develop programs for specific products, ensuring sales meet targeted levels.
- Compile a PR & marketing activity plan and budget, including micro-marketing plans for all key segments
- Manage all creative work including design and print production for all collateral as well as writing/commissioning copy for all marketing activity.
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute specific actions to obtain publicity in accordance with PR & Marketing plan and sales objectives.
- Research, write, edit and distribute product news and features to obtain media coverage in keeping with marketing and communications plans.
- Ensure on-going and pro-active contact with international, national and local media to achieve planned sales in established and emerging markets and maintain a strong global network of known media contacts.
- Organize and co-ordinate media events.
- Develop brand awareness and maintain strong brand identity both internally and externally across all markets.
- Input on pricing and promotional decisions, in conjunction with the Director of Sales, Revenue Manager, and General Manager.
- Work with relevant managers and departments to develop promotional programmes using print advertising, broadcast advertising, outdoor advertising, direct marketing etc.
- Responsible for all advertising and general communications projects for the hotel including all film/photography assignments, in house merchandising, advertising enquiries and schedules and fulfill the production of necessary artwork.
- Manage the activities of the Scottish and UK PR agencies (and European PR agency where required), coordinate media events and all group press visits to the resort (and host where appropriate).
- Ensure management and development of Resort website and Social media sites including updating of content.
- Ensure management and development of content on partner websites and micro sites.
- Manage identification and development of content on relevant websites for hotel, golf, spa and meetings.
- Develop SEO and PPC campaigns with Compamy Communications colleagues.
- Overall management of the hotel database (mail and email) including growth of database, co-ordination of data collection from PMS and all departments, setting uniform inputting standards and ensuring data protection guidelines are adhered to.
- Manage the direct mail schedule for the resort ensuring all mailings comply with data protection guidelines and provide analysis of the results of each mailing
- Measure and report upon the success of all marketing campaigns including ezines, advertising, social media etc. Manage media measurement and reporting process including external partners.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
- PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience in leading the entire marketing function including full P&L responsibility within a progressive, customer focused brand
- A confident and persuasive leader, adept to confidently deliver compelling presentations to C-Level Executives and Senior Managers
- Degree in relevant discipline, Marketing preferred
- Proven ability to achieve financial goals through targeted marketing campaigns
- Experience of online marketing channels, including SEO and PPC
- Dynamic and take charge leader who enjoys working with teams to develop ideas and putting them into action
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to meet tight deadlines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job