Brewster Partners are working with a York based SME manufacturing business as they look to recruit a Head of Manufacturing.
The business are looking for an experienced manufacturing professional to ensure products are designed, engineered and manufactured in an efficient and effective way
Reporting into the Business Owner and directly managing a small team of under 10, the duties of this role will include:
- Having responsibility for the overall manufacturing site
- Management of Health and Safety
- Pushing and implementing change management across the business
- Taking a proactive role as a key member of the senior management team
- Management and direction of the Engineering department
- Management of current product development and responsible for new product development/innovations
- Making sure all products are delivered on time
- Overseeing the planning of production and the production process
- Ensuring all product regulatory requirements are met
- In line with the company budget and plans deliver the efficiency and gross margins as required.
- Having accountability for the management of factory budgets and manage costs appropriately
- Inventory and stock management
- Oversee training and supervision of new employees
- Capex proposals as required
- Continuous process improvement in line with ISO 9001 quality standard
- Responsible for driving the manufacturing operation forward based on world class manufacturing techniques
- Liaising with clients, including some overseas travel as required
- Accountability for the production and implementation of annual site/operational improvement plans
This is an absolutely key role for the business and therefore the business are looking for a strong manufacturing professional who can lead by example.
The company are looking for someone who:
- Has worked at a senior level in a manufacturing environment
- Is fully conversant with lean tools & continuous improvement methodologies
- Has MRP/Systems knowledge and experience
- Is an excellent team player and people manager
- Has ISO 9001 quality standard experience
- Is a proactive forward thinker
- Is a tenacious individual that can change and improve a manufacturing operation
We're looking for an experienced manufacturing from a metals based manufacturing environment
The business can offer a competitive basic salary package and offer the chance to directly impact and improve the manufacturing procedures of a successful SME manufacturing business.
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'