Head of Manufacturing
Head of Manufacturing
A pro-active, forward thinking organisation, who operates in a dynamic business environment, and strives to deliver market leading excellence throughout all business activities.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the role of Head of Manufacturing represents a senior position within the business. Encompassing the entire responsibility for all day-to-day manufacturing operations, the successful application will take full operational control for both the team and the delivery of product in line with customer requirements and operational performance objectives. The operations management activity represents a critical part of the business function, and the role has a heavy emphasis on continuous operational improvement, the deployment of lean, reduction of waste, and the delivery of manufactured product within the constraints of lead-time, quality, and cost. The role will also focus on the mentoring the team, and driving culture change that is inevitable as the business moves through significant growth over the coming years.
The following key objectives are considered fundamental to the role:-
- To initially take day-to-day control for all manufacturing process and activities and to ensure product is delivered in line with customer expectations.
- To review current manufacturing operations at the strategic level, and then develop a plan to improve operational performance. Given the growth expectations, we need to be able to provide increased scalability and flexibility within these areas whilst at the same time delivering quality, lead time, and cost improvements.
- To ratify and where necessary change the current team structure.
- To develop clear definitions of roles and responsibilities for all team members.
- To conduct appraisals and set performance objectives for the individual team members so as to drive agreed operational improvements in line with the strategic vision.
- To develop and implement better commercial controls around each manufacturing department. This should include analysis of yield, departmental running costs, and financial performance.
- To complete the implementation of a shop-floor data capture system so as to produce better data as regards manufacturing cycle times.
- To work with other departmental leaders to implement strategies to reduce overall manufacturing cycle times and inventory holding, whilst at the same time improving overall product quality.
In order to be effective, we consider the following skills essential to the role:-
- Must be a driven and motivated individual.
- Must be capable of acting as the figurehead for all operational activities, and be able to project the appropriate manufacturing strategy to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Must have strong people management skills and be an effective communicator.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of proven experience.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of working to deadlines, and be capable of delivering agreed improvement targets on-time.
- Must have a proven track record in manufacturing. An electronics background would be preferred.
- Must have good analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Must be IT literate with excellent working knowledge of standard office tools, e.g. Word and Excel
- ERP system experience would be advantageous.
- A degree or equivalent qualification would be preferred.
For the right individual this role provides an exciting opportunity to take control of a critical business function, and provides great scope to deliver ongoing business performance improvements. It also provides solid long term prospects to be part of a growing organisation, and offers the potential to rise to a Directorship position in the long term. Given the importance of the position, we are offering a competitive salary and benefits package in-line with the expectations of the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"