Head of Manufacturing – Automotive
Due to promotion, an enthusiastic and dynamic Head of Manufacturing is required for an established and successful Tier1 manufacturer based within The SouthEast of the country.
Ideally located – Hungerford, Newbury, Didcot, Basingstoke, Marlborough, Reading
Excellent Basic Salary + Bonus + Superb Benefits
Our client is an established, leading, manufacturer of Engineered products. As part of a global group they have a brand leading portfolio and a reputation built on excellent product development and service levels.
To assist with their continued growth, they now require a further member of the Senior Management team.
Ideally Degree educated, and Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt or with relevant experience) you will have:
- Demonstrable Manufacturing Experience (including M&I flow, Standard Operations, plant layout, waste elimination, continuous improvement, process change control).
- Experience of implementation of manufacturing functionality of ERP/MRP systems.
- Demonstrable Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Experience & understanding of strategic planning gained in a high volume, manufacturing environment.
The principal responsibility is to lead, inspire and motivate the site-based Manufacturing team. This role is responsible for driving all aspects of site business performance delivering commercial requirements, whilst ensuring the seamless interaction of all site functional activities, financial control and accounting, effectiveness and compliance with legal obligations. The plant is well established, with a workforce of well over 150 people manufacturing a wide range of specialized automotive products.
- Direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives
- Implement approved engineering budget and monitor actual expenses to ensure they fall within budget, analysing out of budget expenses and ensuring they are offset in other areas of the project unless fully justified
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Direct, review and approve product design and changes
- Constantly seeking improvements that will reduce maintenance costs and improved equipment reliability from a breakdown standpoint.
This role would suit a candidate with the following skills/experience – Manufacturing Manager, Engineering Manager, Production Manager.
Apply in Confidence
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2800GH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs