Job Title: Head of Management Information and Business Intelligence
Location: Northwich, Cheshire CW9
Salary: £41,833 - £44,714per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Wednesday the 7th of February 2018 at 12:00pm
As leader of a team of creative and highly enthusiastic professionals you will be fully supported by an experienced Second in Department.
To be responsible for the efficient and effective execution of College business through the maintenance and development of the College MIS systems and data and the leadership of the MIS and Examinations team. To provide accurate, informative and accessible statistical data analysis to inform College leaders in order to drive quality, raise standards and inform professional development activities. To oversee web development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Management Information and Business Intelligence to join a leading Sixth Form College. This is a crucial management position, which is highly respected by the Leadership team. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and informative statistical analysis and reporting. You will also contribute to the strategic communications, marketing and student recruitment strategies.
The College is located in an established, beautiful and historic part of Cheshire. There is a range of quality housing with access to excellent primary and secondary schools and the area has excellent transport links to Manchester, Liverpool, Chester and Warrington.
You can be sure you will be working with friendly, inspirational people in a light and modern environment set in attractive riverside grounds. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of our colleagues as well as providing access to our excellent sport and recreational facilities.
The College consistently tops the league tables for excellent results and is currently ranked 2nd highest achieving Sixth Form College. As a specialist A Level College, they are a community of 1600 students and 117 colleagues who share an ethos and mission of excellence, integrity and compassion in all we strive to achieve.
They are committed to Equal Opportunities and positively welcome applications from every section of the community. We particularly welcome applications from black and ethnic minority applicants as they are under-represented within the College. The ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English is essential. The College is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance. They expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Degree or Level 4 qualification, preferably in a related subject such as IT, Business, Finance etc.
- A record of training in IT and BI developments
- Experience of managing functions within bi and IT disciplines
- A minimum of two years middle leadership experience, including some team leadership experience
- Experience of successfully maintaining, monitoring, analysing and reporting on a range of BI data
- Experience of producing and submitting funding reports and data submissions (Desirable)
- An understanding of funding in the education sector
- Success in leading quality improvements in information systems development and support
- Experience of responsibility for IT and BI architecture and software
- An excellent understanding of BI systems
- Relevant technical skills to support BI systems and IT infrastructure delivery
- An understanding of recent developments in the FE sector
- Successfully leading and managing change within a relevant environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiating and persuading skills
- Very good organisational skills with ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques with a desire to stay updated on current and new technologies
- Good problem solving skills/logic
- The ability to produce high level reports and present data in accessible formats
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines
Personal Ethos and Values:
- Act with integrity, openness and professionalism in all communications with colleagues, the community and key stakeholders
- Demonstrate through one's professional practice a commitment to the advancement and well-being of young people
- Live with passion, sharing enthusiasm, hope and optimism routinely
Please click the APPLY button and check your emails for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Head of Management Information, Business Intelligence, BI Analyst, BI, Head of Business Intelligence, IT Management, Business Intelligence Lead, IT Analysing, Finance, BI Developments, IT Developments, Business Intelligence Director, BI Architecture, IT Architecture, BI Data, MIS Database may be considered for this role.
- Business Intelligence
- IT Management
- BI Analyst
- Head of Business Intelligence
- Business Intelligence Lead
- BI Architecture
- IT Analysing
- BI Developments
- Head of Management Information
- IT Developments
- Business Intelligence Director