Bonfire Recruitment are retained in the recruitment of a Head of Machining and Turning Manager for its established and growing international manufacturing client in the North East, UK.
Due to a period of long-term expansion and significant growth our major client has invested in a state of the art machining and turning facility investing in cutting-edge machining technology to their heavy and specialised industrial customers throughout the UK, to Europe and beyond.
This is an exceptional permanent opportunity for a time-served / educated CNC leader who has the depth of CNC milling and turning experience to create and direct the best workshop practices, procedures and planning scheduling across their growing team and expanding organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a workshop culture of delivering consistent world-class excellence across your machine shop team whilst ensuring product quality, scheduling, delivery and budgets are met as agreed with customers
- Provide hands on leadership and organisation to conduct current Machining and Turning operations and develop the teams capability to meet future needs
- Maximise staff contribution and develop individuals to their full potential by providing effective coaching/mentoring and appraisal throughout your department.
- Create a plan for manpower and direct and manage labour times to jobs according to budgeted hours and provide guidance in terms of delivery dates, priorities and overall planning
- Be a time served CNC Machinist, CNC Programmer, CNC Turner , CNC Machine Engineer with at least 10 years demonstrable UK working experience and at least 5 years Supervisory / Management experience
- Degree qualification in addition to above would be advantageous
- Hands on motivational manager with strong planning skills to ensure workshop tasks are completed with maximum efficiency
- Have successfully worked with major customers in industries such as Utilities, Oil & Gas, Defence, Aerospace, chemicals, automotive etc
- An engaging and people focussed individual who is results driven with commercial awareness and a successful track record of getting projects completed on time and to budget with major customers
- The role requires strong internal and external stakeholder management and relationship building skills and the ability to collaboratively influence at all levels of an organisation.
Our client is keen to attract the best talent to their organisation and the preferred candidate will be rewarded with a leading rewards package.
Should you have this background please apply via the web in the first instance attaching a copy of your most recent CV in the first instance.
- CNC Machine
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'