Head of Legal Services / Commercial Lawyer
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE
To lead, manage and develop the provision of high performing and cost effective legal services to ensure that all current and future services of the business have the necessary quality legal advice and representation to support the provision of their service and to enable the business to meet its objectives and act within the law.
To be accountable to the CEO for leading and managing the provision of legal services in order to:-
- maximise performance against the business' objectives;
- achieve high quality and value for money services;
- focus on the needs and preferences of both internal and external customers;
- To take lead responsibility for developing the service consistent with business objectives.
- To lead and manage staff in the service for which responsible.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To lead, manage and develop staff in the legal team.
To work with the CEO in formulating the budgets and forecasts.
To ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place for monitoring and managing the budget.
To use the resources available to the legal team effectively to meet objectives;
To lead the provision of high performing, customer focused and cost effective legal services to ensure that the business is properly advised on legal issues and is able to meet its objectives within the law.
To work with the CEO in developing the service in line with corporate and service objectives.
To ensure that relevant staff are properly informed on legal matters relating to the business, including preparing or contributing to reports, and where necessary attending and advising at meetings.
To establish good working relationships within the professional services offering and other key stakeholders, and to promote effective joined up working.
To manage own performance and development.
- Demonstrable solid experience
- People management and development
- Proven understanding of relevant law
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to agreed timescales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job