We have an opportunity for a Head of Learning – Horticulture, Arboriculture and Agriculture to join the team based at our Brinsbury campus on a full time permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £37,379 - £40,850 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Head of Learning – Horticulture, Arboriculture and Agriculture you will lead a high performing, efficient learning area, ensuring high student success and high levels of staff and customer satisfaction. You will also promote the strong, positive reputation of the curriculum area and the College, through relationships with external stakeholders, schools, employers and parents.
Our Head of Learning – Horticulture, Arboriculture and Agriculture duties and key responsibilities:
- Lead and manage staff, finances, management information and resources within the curriculum area, in accordance with College core values, policies, procedures and regulations and in pursuit of a high quality, effective and efficient provision
- Manage day-to-day operations of the curriculum area, raising the quality of the learning experience of students and their levels of satisfaction
- Research and develop the curriculum offer to meet the developing needs of students, employers and the local community, taking into account changing legislative requirements
- Participate in the College student referral system to help students achieve to the best of their ability
- Promote and enable the expectations of the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment within the curriculum area, ensuring that all students develop knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities within a secure, challenging and stimulating educational environment
- Work with Deputy Heads of Learning, Professional Learning Coaches, Study Programm Leaders and course teams to ensure that target enrolments are met, high standards of teaching and learning are reached and maintained, and student retention and achievement are maximised
- Improve the quality of delivery in accordance with College policies, quality assurance systems and ensure all evaluation and verification documentation are appropriately maintained, to strengthen the culture of self-assessment and continuous improvement
- Generate income for the College via commercial course offers
- Lead and support the area through any change initiatives
- Communicate effectively with all staff across the College and with external stakeholders
Skills & Experience required of our Head of Learning – Horticulture, Arboriculture and Agriculture:
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education, or equivalent
- A level 3 qualification relevant to the area of teaching expertise
- Coaching/Mentoring qualification, or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 literacy, numeracy and ICT
- Further Education curriculum delivery planning and administration
- A proven record of promoting teaching, learning and assessment to a consistently high standard
- Relevant industrial experience within an area of subject specialism
- To undertake continuing professional development
- Ability to travel between campuses and also for College business
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more.
Closing date: 19 April 2018
Interview date: 4 May 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Head of Learning – Horticulture, Arboriculture and Agriculture, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.