A fantastic new opportunity has become available working for an International organisation expanding in to the UK market as Head of Learning & Development located within London.
Reporting to the newly appointed Managing Director, the Academic Lead is a pivotal role which will support the organisation in defining and delivering it's long term vision and growth ambitions within the UK.
The role is initially responsible for supporting the business development process to secure new University partnerships by providing academic and learning design credibility. The role will then be on overseeing the development and implementation of quality online learning programs with pedagogical model, unit quality standards and optimise the student learning experience.
You will work in conjunction with the Learning Design International team and as the UK operation grows your responsibilities will include leadership and people management.
- Designing and delivering effective and innovative online units, utilizing techniques and strategies to create a best practice student online experience
- Lead the creation of learning experiences that are in line with a pedagogical model and quality standards, and that are innovative, engaging, active and learner-centered
- Deploy a mastery of educational design principles to produce measurably superior student outcomes
- Effectively manage and prioritise workload and responsibilities to deliver quality units within workload targets, time and academic constrains
- Manage capacity to ensure staff workloads are allocated to high priority learning design tasks to best achieve quality online learning
- Lead and take responsibility for QA processes and timelines
- Reach pragmatic decisions about resource allocation that balance student outcomes with return on investment
- Identify and plan for LD and business projects
- Manage, develop and engage Learning Designers in a Learning Design pod
- Manage the development of online units that meet the quality matters standards
- Manage the identification of pedagogically sound interactives that enhance the online learning experience for students
- Manage all performance related issues within the pod (high achievers and under-performers)
- Manage the performance management process across the pod
- Manage development plans and career pathing for learning designers with the pod
- Collaborate effectively with University partner Academics, Program Directors and IT colleagues to create resources and learning activities that support learning outcomes and deliver a best practice online student experience
- Contribute to a professional culture and working environment that is based on the premise that happy and engaged people are essential to the success of the business
To be considered for this opportunity, our client does require the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in tertiary teaching environments that address contemporary approaches to learner-centred, flexible education, including online
- Mastery of pedagogy, innovative design and delivery methods, and tools for online teaching.
- Ability and desire to support business development activities including attending client presentations and pitch meetings, and to operate within a commercial environment
- High standard of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop effective stakeholder relationships, and influence outcomes.
- Process and project management experience in environments of competing priorities, tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- People management skills and experience will be highly regarded
- Initiative, curiosity and someone who will enjoy the challenges of an agile and fast-paced start-up, are also vital to success in this role
- An opportunity to work with a team of highly engaged, passionate and talented individuals
- As a rapidly growing organisation there will be opportunities to further develop your career
- A generous remuneration package is on offer including additional benefits
To apply for this position please send your CV to FPSG ASAP or call Kirsty Lloyd for a confidential chat
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.