Head of Kitchen - Vertas Group Limited
Vertas is the fastest growing multi-services facilities management company in the East of England. Our passion is putting our staff and customers at the heart of everything we do. Our success in obtaining new contracts with our innovative solutions and our commitment to delivering excellence has created new positions within the business.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an of Head of Kitchen to join our catering team at Norton Primary School in Bury St Edmunds.
This is a key role organising, preparing, cooking and serving quality meals to customers in accordance with the standard required and statutory regulations.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the unit including monitoring hygiene standards, staff training and all day to day operations of the kitchen
- Undertake and/or lead a team where appropriate in the preparation, cooking and service of the meal
- Administrative work, including placing orders, stock control and monitoring of food budgets
- Checking and recording the amount, price and condition of all food/non-food deliveries and taking any necessary action required
- To take responsibility for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen premises and equipment whilst maintaining sufficient stock levels of cleaning materials
The Head of Kitchen will have:
- Previous experience working in a catering environment
- Experience of preparing and cooking of food
- Good customer care skills
- Great catering presentation skills
This post is subject to a DBS check.
If you are seeking a new opportunity and want to join an innovative and exciting company please click on the apply button below to make the difference today.