Prospero Teaching are currently working alongside a medium sized welsh medium Primary School close to Bargoed, Caerphilly who are searching for a KS2 Leader to join their team.
To make strategic evaluations of teaching, learning, personnel, finance and premises
issues as a supportive and well-motivated team member.
The SMT member will:
* contribute to establishing the core values of the team and their practical expression;
* contribute to management decisions on all aspects of policy, development and organisation;
* monitor and evaluate pupil achievement and attainment throughout the school
and have the ability to demonstrate impact through the use of data;
* liaise with the governors, when appropriate, to facilitate their overview of school management;
* assume responsibility for the management of the school in the absence of the Headteacher and the Deputy Headteacher;
* lead by example as a teacher and as a manager;
* support subject leaders in the development and implementation of curricular initiatives;
* attend SMT meetings as required, and report back to staff when necessary;
* Lead on key areas of the curriculum as agreed with the Headteacher and/or Deputy Headteacher.
Must be fluent Welsh Speaking
Hold a QTS
Previous experience teaching in KS2 (Year 5 and 6 preferably)
Child workforce DBS
Excellent classroom practitioner
High level of ICT skills
Excellent classroom organisation and behaviour management
Clear understanding of a range of learning strategies to raise achievement for all pupils
A thorough understanding of the expectations of the LNF and its implications for teaching and learning
The ability to lead developments and shown impact through the use of data
A willingness to lead a core subject
Good knowledge of providing for children with special educational needs.
If you have the essential requirements, please send your CV to
- Primary School
- Key Stage 2
- Welsh medium
- Ysgol Gynradd
- Head of Key Stage 2