The following job is no longer available:
Head of Joint Transport and Logistics
Head of Joint Transport and Logistics
You’ll have overall accountability for the leadership and management of strategic and tactical planning, quality and service delivery for transport and logistics and the provision of efficient, effective economic transport and travel arrangements across Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue and Northamptonshire Police, with the overall management responsibility for significant capital and recurrent budgets.
Head of Joint Transport and Logistics Responsibilities:
- Take the strategic lead in the development and implementation of effective transport and logistics, remaining up to date with developments locally, nationally and internationally.
- Develop, implement, review and maintain a comprehensive strategic transport and logistics vision, strategy and plan with clear objectives and key performance indicators, translating corporate and strategic objectives into time bound targets and tangible outcomes.
- Devise and implement effective systems to monitor, measure, control, evaluate and report on the work of both departments, to take account of changes in the internal and external environments, which may impact on and influence priorities and needs.
- Prepare and provide reports that can inform policy and strategic direction using formative and summative information which will support future models of operational service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, creating clear operating standards and ensuring that professional practice is maintained through robust policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure effective and rigorous quality assurance systems are in place to maintain high standards and participate in review processes.
- Ensure that robust corporate governance procedures and financial control frameworks are put in place for effective management of budgets for transport and logistics and monitor expenditure ensuring propriety, regularity and value for money within allocated budgets.
- To consider the financial implications relating to effective models of service delivery and ensure systems and procedures are in place to evaluate the outcomes of resource allocation.
• Lead on the specification, sourcing, procurement and sale of vehicles and supplies to ensure suitable transport and logistics are available for effective operations.
Head of Joint Transport and Logistics Requirements:
- Substantial experience in leading the development and delivery of long term transport and logistics strategies in a complex organisation.
- A successful track record in managing multi million pound capital and revenue budgets.
- Previous experience of leading both systems and culture change both within a functional area and more broadly across an organisation.
- A formal qualification in Transport and Engineering Management or a proven track record of the effective management of;
a diverse and complex transport and logistics operation.
fleet servicing, maintenance and repair processes.
work delivered by agencies and/or third parties.
transport and logistics management systems in support of business performance.
- Extensive knowledge of UK and EU transport, construction and use regulations and vehicle inspectorate legislation relative to transport management.
- A proven ability to achieve targets/objectives and to meet challenging deadlines through the engagement of teams and working groups.
- In-depth knowledge of diversity and equality awareness within the workplace.
- Qualified to degree level (UK qualification and Credit Framework Level 6), or an equivalent, higher or professional qualification.
- Previous experience within a Fire and Rescue, Police or other public sector transport department.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
About Northamptonshire Police:
Northamptonshire Police’s purpose is Fighting Crime, Protecting People. Come and join us!
Location: Moulton Logistics Centre and Wootton Hall Park, Northampton
Salary: £71,643 to £76,791
Please apply before the Shortlisting date, which will begin on 9th November
Interviews will be held on 16th November
You may have experience of the following: Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Head of Logistics, Fleet Management, Transport Operations Manager, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'