Head of IT
(Rail Industry or Construction industry experience needed)
Sopra Steria Recruitmentare seeking an experienced Head of IT to join a major client in Reading. As member of the IT Leadership Team, this role has overall responsibility for a wide remit to bring about significant change through technology in the relevant area or Directorate(s).
Stakeholder, Resource and General Management
- Provide strategic direction to the relevant IT teams in support of area or Directorate(s) business goals and broader Company outcomes.
- Acts as the lead IT representative for the location or Directorate
- Manage key relationships, in particular with key programme stakeholders and secure commitment on actions from across the area or Directorate(s) leadership and project teams.
- Optimise all managed assets (hardware, software, protection of intellectual property, licenses, warranties etc) by minimising operating costs, improving investment decisions and capitalising on potential opportunities.
Development and Delivery of Roadmap(s)
- Overall responsibility for roadmap development including business analysis where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the relevant area or Diretorate(s).
- Embed the methodology, tools and processes around programme and project initiation and management, application development lifecycle management and effective transition to support.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of a number of large and high profile projects, enabled by IT, as outlined in the relevant roadmap(s).
Accountability and Financial Dimensions
- Leadership of a team comprising between 20 and 150 people combining a mixture of internal staff, contract and third party resources.
- Budgetary responsibility for up to £50M of annualised projects expenditure.
- Decision making authority for the allocation of vendor, supplier or 3rd party resources and award of individual contracts up to a value of £50M.
- General management experience within a complex IT environment including management of the performance of multi-disciplinary IT teams throughout the entire system development lifecycle.
- An understanding of the safety and environmental aspects of large multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience of leading multi-million pound programmes of work, demonstrating knowledge of the entire end-to-end project lifecycle, business change and organisational strategic and commercial needs.
- Experience selecting, monitoring and managing vendors, suppliers and 3rd party resource providers across complex IT programmes.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"