My Client, a world leading charity, is looking for a technically skilled Head of IT that is hands on and personable and has experience with stake holder management and technical road mapping.
About the role:
The Head of IT will play a pivotal role in evaluating and implementing the IT strategy and operational plans which supports the charity's vision, mission and objectives.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that all IT services are successfully delivered across the charity by defining, creating and maintaining the IT environment including; the management of all technical systems, system upgrades, interfaces and customisations, infrastructure, applications, help desk support, security and IT governance.
In addition, this role will proactively identify opportunities to ensure the technology, systems and tools used are fully integrated and embedded throughout the charity, with a view to maximising performance, optimising efficiency and creating a sustainable platform for future growth.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
* Evaluate, define and implement the IT strategy and operational plans which supports the charity's vision, mission and objectives.
* Manage and oversee the entire IT environment, to ensure the technology, systems and tools used are integrated, customised and streamlined to meet the current and future needs of the charity.
* Liaise with key stakeholders to evaluate the current level of services provided and technology used, with a view to enhancing and optimising organisational performance and maximising efficiencies.
* Review, develop and implement IT policies and procedures - including security, change control and disaster recovery/business continuity plans; to ensure compliance with legislation and regulations, risk is managed, and internal audits are conducted.
* Lead a service operations function that is customer-focused, reliable and efficient, incorporating the management of IT infrastructure and vendor- supplied services; constantly seeking balance between service (to users) and cost, and channelling learnings from incidents into improvement.
* Provide strong leadership and support to the IT Team, through coaching, mentoring and developing individuals to deliver an effective and efficient service across the charity. Carry out performance appraisal meetings and effectively promote team building and collaborative working to deliver the strategic and operational plans.
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience:
* Proven experience in managing multiple IT systems in areas such as applications development, program and project management, infrastructure services management, IT strategy and IT architecture.
* Proven experience and strong technical background in systems integration from designing, developing, integrating and upgrading multiple IT systems.
* Commercially aware with the ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the charity.
* Proven track record of delivering IT change initiatives on time and on budget.
* Ability to take a 'hands on' roll in building the internal IT structure, policies and procedures.
* Knowledge, skills and experience in IT coding such as C#, Java, Python and SQL.
* Exemplary leadership skills with both practical and short/long term strategic vision
* Excellent communicator - builds rapport and demonstrates strong influencing, negotiation and decision-making skills