Acquisitive £1.5bn turnover Retail and Distribution Plc. A wholesale and retail operation, expanding rapidly and delivering excellent shareholder return.
The opportunity : to shape a large division, working with Group CIO and Divisional MD, defining and delivering IT strategy.
A great springboard to IT Director.
The responsibilities inc
Define, own, deliver IT strategy supporting the business strategy
Create value and business opportunities, via technology innovation and efficiencies
Running a team (support, PMs BAs..) directly and indirectly (IT Shared Service and 3rd parties)
Budget management (5-10mil)
IT Security, compliance, governance
Group wide project management, involvement at strategic and delivery levels for group wide initiatives such as a new ERP roll out
We are looking for experience inc:
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels – working and leading technical teams, as well as managing Senior Business stakeholders
- Ability to deal with and cut through ambiguous requirements -driving through change
- Senior IT leadership experience in a commercial enterprise scale environment
- Proven 3rd party vendor management
- Solid leadership skills, able to communicate ideas to technical staff, business users and the board with equal clarity
- Ability to be able to switch from leadership/strategy to hands on when required (programme/project management and service focus)
- Experience of delivering business change components of predominantly IT based projects
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business as they embark on a new phase of growth whereby the successful Head of IT will be instrumental in shaping how the technology team operates from both system and culture perspective. There will be minimal travel and some flexibility to work from home time to time.
For a confidential conversation please contact
Key points: Head of IT, IT Business Relationship Manager, IT Business Partner, IT Director, leadership, programme management, retail, trading, merchandising, wholesale