Head of IT, Salary: Up to £80k + Car and benefits, Based: Peterborough (some national and international travel will be required)
The Client: A leading global business services provider within the construction sector with multiple UK sites.
Head of IT job purpose:
- To lead the IT function in the UK, ensuring all IT services, solutions and support are provided across the business.
- To define, develop, maintain and enhance the regional set of IT solutions/systems to support the broader business objectives.
- To develop and implement an IT Strategy that aligns with the business needs in the UK.
- To recruit, staff and manage an IT team that will support the existing and future business operations and to manage external IT vendors.
Head of IT candidate requirements:
- Significant IT leadership experience
- Experience with relevant systems (Insphire, Navision, Salesforce.com, Cognos)
- Experience in implementing new IT systems or solutions (ex CRM, BI, RFID, Mobile Applications)
- Experience in a rental / leasing and / or manufacturing environment
- Experience managing external vendors (including contract negotiations and SLAs)
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Some background in business operations is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Travels (primarily inside local country and region; occasional travel to Europe)
- Ability to work off hours as needed for operational support
Head of IT Duties:
- To manage local IT resources: planning, staffing, follow up, reporting, priority management, development
- To manage all third parties providing IT services and support in the region through proper tracking of SLAs
- To assist the regional business in identification and proposal for all major IT investments
- Drive IT efforts and investments based on business driven priorities and objectives
- To Manage the Help Desk activity in accordance to IT policy
- To develop and manage regional projects: including budget and schedules in accordance with approved plans
- Champion change, process improvement and operational excellence while successfully applying IT initiatives
- Attract, develop and retain talented employees in a competitive labour market
- Maintain knowledge of IT trends and to proactively propose technology improvements that can provide clear benefits to the business
- Support the business by providing guidance and direction as it relates to technology topics
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply attaching your CV.