Head of IT Support
Head of IT Support - Bournemouth - Competitive Salary & Benefits
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of IT Support to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As the Head of IT support you will manage the delivery and performance of the teams defined as within the remit of the IT Service function, to ensure service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded. For clarity, this includes 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, hardware deployment, desktop delivery, and site/development/office mobilisation and maintenance.
Responsible for ensuring staff are meeting and exceeding expectations on performance, defined metrics, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service that meet business need and departmental objectives.
The role will report to the Director of IT Operations as part of the IT operations management team
- Manage the service desk and hardware provision to deliver effective, efficient and agile ways of working within and across teams to established, standardised working practices.
- Maintain a high performing service and support function, reporting data, KPI's and trends weekly, monthly and ad hoc.
- Implement and manage resourcing strategies and plans which ensure consistent delivery of service is achieved at all times, utilising available resources and skills whilst delivering against the agreed SLAs.
- Implement and manage quality assurance processes across the service in conjunction with the Director of IT Operations.
- Own the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when and where required.
- Undertake Ticket analysis and develop strategies for improvement.
- To contribute to the knowledge base of the department to ensure sufficient access to pertinent technical data and set up is available to support resolution of incidents and requests as well as to ensure appropriate skills and knowledge transfer amongst teams.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the configuration of the Service Management tool, ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation in recording service desk activity, request fulfilment, inventory and performance measurement.
- Using industry best practice to manage the on-boarding, acceptance and integration of new services as they move from project to operational support.
- As owner of the escalation process the Head of IT Service Desk will take ownership of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Escalation through the management structure for situations that may require additional support or escalation.
- Oversee the IT portal and solutions repository to ensure quality solutions are available and relevant, with a focus on improving self-service capability and adoption.
- Contribute to the development of Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organisation.
- As owner of problem management practices, recommend and implement proactive measures to anticipate and avoid operational issues and support calls.
- Contributor to the creation, implementation and monitoring of Departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Support the delivery of process training and knowledge verification to ensure Service Desk staff can support users knowledgeably and in a standardised manner.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the business.
- Manage vendor relationships integral to daily operational needs.
- Purchase order review and approval/budgeting responsibility.
- Manage and contribute to the overall effectiveness of existing IT security practices and policies.
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the department's objectives.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder's experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the department.
- Appraisals, personnel management
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Extensive computer support and service delivery experience.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL disciplines.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Good knowledge of IT hardware and software solutions.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- A passion for Service Improvement.
- Experience of managing services across Virtualisation, storage, backup technologies and end user computing.
- Solid technical background and understanding of networking and core technologies; VMware, Azure; Office 365; Citrix, Servicenow & VOIP telephony.
If you are interested in this position please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job