Full time: 35 hours per week
Salary £60,000 per annum
Location 30 Euston Square, London
Close date: 5.00pm on 14th February 2018
Interview date: 21st - 23rd February 2018
The Royal College of General Practitioners is the largest membership organisation solely for GPs in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1952, it has over 52,000 members who are committed to improving patient care, developing their own skills and promoting general practice as a discipline. General practice is the largest branch of the medical profession. It provides some 1 million consultations for patients in the UK every working day and deals with 86% of the health problems experienced by the UK population.
The Head of IT Architecture is a significant contributor to the delivery and continuous development of the College Digital Transformation Programme.
The role provides the focal point for reuse and creation of value across the RCGP by leading architectural change in the organisation business, data, application domains as referenced by TOGAF, the de-facto authority and framework in Enterprise Architecture. The Head of IT Architecture will also liaise with the College IT Service Provider to ensure that the organisation's IT Infrastructure continues to align to the objectives detailed in the Digital Transformation Vision.
The Head of IT Architecture is responsible for initiating and/or undertaking sophisticated and complex analysis, making recommendations and influence important business decisions (driving College IT & Digital Strategy) by interacting and communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders. This role demands leadership qualities and it plays a fundamental part within the IT & Digital function and the whole organisation by determining how the College can most effectively achieve its current and future objectives.
- Significant years of experience in relevant senior IT roles
- A minimum of three years in software design and system
- A minimum of five years in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good working knowledge of software development, programming languages and integrated development environments including but not limited to Salesforce and .NET Framework
- Experience of working with multiple third parties
Some of the key tasks that the role holder will be expected to perform are as follows:
- Architectural Strategy - articulating the next steps in IT architectural strategy for the RCGP as part of Digital Transformation
- Architectural Governance - in particular, ensuring that Digital Transformation governance is maintained through the activities of the Strategic Design Authority Board, which provides architectural and security assurance of IT-enabled projects
- Delivery - providing architectural solutions consulting to programs, projects and initiatives in a technical assurance role
- Operations - providing technical guidance to the Change Advisory Board to ensure the ongoing excellence of IT operations
- Performance Management - provide excellent line management and performance management of their team, giving the right balance of support and challenge and linking the day-to-day work with overall IT and organisational objectives
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership - leading, self, team, thought leadership regarding technology
- Influencing skills
- Team management
- Communication - able to explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Commercial acumen
The successful candidate will share our corporate values.
In return, the College offers excellent terms and conditions.
To apply please upload your CV and cover letter via the RCGP careers page, work-at-rcgp/internal-vacancies-at-rcgp.aspx
To view the job description please find the PDF attachment below.
The Royal College of General Practitioners is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
~ Great doctors great care ~
- Team management
- Influencing skills
- commercial acumen