Police Mutual have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of IT Architecture, Development & Data Insight to lead our IT development, architecture and data insight teams, located at our Head Office in Lichfield.
The Police Mutual Group exists to improve the lives of the Police family, and we offer this to the Military and others who lay their lives on the line and those who support them. Because we don’t have to answer to shareholders, our members and our employees are always our first priority and that makes for a rewarding place to work. One team, providing positive results through practical solutions; we’re set to make the most of the fantastic foundations we have in place, with a strategy that will create some outstanding opportunities along the way.
As Head of IT Architecture, Development & Data Insight you will be responsible for the firm’s group wide data and information governance. You will align the technology vision with the business strategy, by integrating group processes with the appropriate applications.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing application development initiatives within the organisation. Maintaining existing enterprise and bespoke applications, while providing direction in all technology-related issues in support of information operations and core group values.
In this role you will…
- Partner with the Executive and Senior Managers to identify opportunities and risks for delivering the group’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of technical hurdles to the business success
- Create a culture that treats data as a cross group asset
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology for delivering the group’s services and consistent application of the use of analytics
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the group’s data and servers
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage corporate risk
- Develop and maintain an Application Architecture with associated design principles and ensure this is actively used to shape the project delivery scope
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Team and potential customers to help define potential solutions and assist in preparing wireframes or mock-ups of a prototypes where appropriate
- Establish, embed, supervise and improve the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology
- Ensure that technology standards, best practices and audit controls are maintained across the organisation.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organisation’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the group’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure the group’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility
What we need from you…
- Senior IT experience in a real-time, business critical environment
- The ability to deliver concise management summaries of complex technical issues and able to create clear and comprehensible strategy documents
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structure; information systems/tools, and related software and data management; group content management, and record-keeping policies and practices in a complex organizational environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists; able to sell ideas and process internally at all levels, including the board and investors
- Ability to manage and work with senior stakeholders
- An experienced manager with proven experience of developing Data, Development and Architecture teams
- Proven experience in effectively driving people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- The ability to manage and work with senior stakeholders
This is a key role within the group and as such we are open to speaking to both interim and permanent candidates.
- Application Architecture
- Application Development
- IT Development
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job