Salary: c. £45,000 per annum
Reporting to: Deputy CEO
Line Managing: IT/Network Manager and IT Technicians
Base: Trust offices but mobile across all our Academies
Hours: 37 hours, Full Year
- To develop, in conjunction with the Trust leadership team, a Trust wide IT strategy.
- To take lead responsibility for ensuring an efficient and effective ICT Support Service to all within the MAT by implementing strategies that support the vision of the MAT and overseeing the day to day running of the ICT Support Service at an operational level.
- To ensure the best possible ICT systems, processes and environment for teaching and learning within the resources available.
- To ensure that Trust operations are compliant with the emerging GDPR requirements and ensure continuing compliance with Data Protection.
- To define, design, secure approval for and implement a fit for purpose Multi - Academy Trust ICT Support Services Strategy to ensure that Multi - Academy Trust ICT impacts positively on our young people to support outstanding teaching, learning and management that achieves outstanding outcomes;
- To generate economies of scale and develop efficiencies to demonstrate good value for money;
- To lead the implementation of the ICT strategy, ensuring that is continually assessed for fit and relevance, providing all operations including infrastructure, communications and architecture, applications, processes, networks, procurement, supplier management, computer operations, change management and support;
- To secure approval for funding, manage budgets effectively and implement ICT plans and projects;
- To appraise both small and large scale ICT investments, ensuring that proper financial and technological rigour is applied to that analysis, and that a clear ROI is demonstrated;
- To ensure that the MAT senior leadership and the Board (as required) are fully briefed on the performance, progress, risks, issues and costs of MAT ICT Services Strategy on a regular basis. To include attendance at leadership and Board meetings as needed;
- To ensure appropriate data security and e-safety regulations and that the Trust are GDPR compliant;
- To develop and implement ICT policies for the MAT in a range of areas including, but not limited to acceptable use, health and safety, asset disposal, internet filtering and back up arrangements;
- To set up and manage contracts with third party vendors and distributors, including performance indicators and progress review mechanisms, to ensure that MAT systems are effective and overall value for money;
- To oversee the implementation and effective use of MAT wide data and communication systems (such as Microsoft and Google services, SIMS, telephony etc.) and ensure they are value for money and fit for purpose;
- To lead , direct and take responsibility for the work of the roles of the ICT Support Team and its supporting external contractors;
- To take responsibility for all MAT ICT Licences, subscriptions and other on-going costs underpinning the service;
- To ensure that all infrastructure , Data and Systems are fully documented and maintained in accordance with industry standard 'good’ practice;
- To take responsibility for control, maintenance and replacement programmes for all ICT assets within the MAT schools;
- To produce, implement, maintain and test MAT ICT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
Whole Trust Responsibilities
- Be a positive influence on the climate and culture of the Trust and show a positive example at all times.
- Model good management practice across the Trust.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, copyright etc reporting all concerns to line manager.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall aims of the Trust.
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions commensurate with the post in order to support the work of the Trust and its Academies.
Other features of the post:
This Job Description is not definitive or exhaustive but is provided to give the postholder an indication of the range of activities, duties and responsibilities concerned with the employment and may be subject to review and revision at any time at the discretion of the Trust if, in the interest and efficiency of the service, it should be deemed necessary.