Job Title: Head of Inventory
Location: Milton Keynes
My client is looking for an experienced Head of Inventory to join their Warehouse/Distribution site in Milton Keynes
Scope and Remit
The Head of Inventory is responsible for the daily operation and management of the Inventory function.
- Work closely with logistics team to ensure appropriateness of product offering and stocking status.
- Take a key role within the S&OP project team.
- Defining and delivering improvements in processes whilst achieving target level performance.
- Co-ordinate cross functional working teams to assist and deliver process changes to the business.
- Manage and implement end-to-end implementation of process improvements.
- Responsible for the daily operation and management of the Inventory function, providing management support.
- Investigate and implement operational, financial and strategic Inventory/Supply Chain initiatives.
- Manage fulfilment % KPI and inventory week’s stock holding KPI, targeting maximum efficiency within stock holding.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of product data held in corporate systems.
- Ability to bring internal infrastructure and processes in line with business activities.
- The above list of tasks is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to take on additional tasks as and when required by the role.
Knowledge, training and experience required
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar senior management role.
- Computer literate with good understanding of Microsoft packages.
- Team management and leadership skills.
- Evidence of strong negotiation skills.
- High level of commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Possess effective project management skills.
- Ability to compile and analyse statistical information.
- Talent to identify and implement process improvements within the company.
Key personal characteristics
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication talent.
- Ability to guide and support the team, identifying personal development.
- Strong relationship building skills - both external and internal.
- Superb organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and a willing support to the senior executive team.
- Flexible in terms of the ability to operate and contribute in a changing environment.
- Will have motivational leadership skills, with the ability to manage processes and KPI metrics.
- Strong negotiator with the ability to convey clear reasoning and close out resolution.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'