Head of International Tax - Global Law Firm
A London based role, responsible for all tax matters relating to non UK operation at a leading international legal practice. Many partners of this firm are acknowledged as leaders in their field, their deals and cases often making headline news.
- Lead the international tax team of five
- Advisory, technical analysis with advisors, CFOs and legal advisors
- Project Management - examples of projects:
- Implementation of transfer pricing policies and supporting CFOs globally through the BEPs and CBCR changes
- Restructuring projects e.g. restructuring a number of offices in Europe
- Analysing tax compliance software options, making recommendations to the Audit Committee and liaising with advisers to select and implement a solution.
- Ad-hoc projects requiring understanding of internal accounting and revenue processes and working with global finance teams to deliver results, in particular withholding tax management.
In addition you will:
- Plan and manage the year-end process work to produce non-UK tax reserve calculations, tax equalisation calculations and accounts notes.
- Oversight and risk management of the tax compliance. This includes, managing advisors and internal teams both internationally and in London, to support local CFOs with the various tax filings for the firm, the partners and the shadow partners.
- Responsibility for ensuring efficient management of tax reserves both in GBP and in currency, for both shadow and non-shadow partners, and overall responsibility for the regular releases of tax reserves to partners.
- Constant review of structure and processes to identify scope for improvement.
- Assist and support CFOs in managing local tax audits
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to clearly communicate complex tax issues both orally and written to the highest levels, for example Audit Committee and Managing Partners
- Experience that is focussed on a risk based approach, establishing processes for reporting to the highest levels
- Broad knowledge of international tax issues affecting professional partnerships
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- CTA qualification is desirable
- Personal or Corporate Tax experience to Director level
How and why to apply
If your experience fits at least 70% of the above description and you are looking for a professional, ethical and inclusive work culture.
If you're ambitious and are looking for a high profile global team who are free to be themselves and value individualism and collaborations.
Click APPLY now, or contact Angela Thomas confidentially:
All applications are considered equally and in complete confidence.