Head of Internal Sales (B2B) - Building, training, motivating and managing a team of Internal Account Managers
Sheffield. Permanent. £50,000 - £60,000 basic + 40% OTE + Excellent Benefits.
Our global client are looking for a Head of Internal Sales who will report into the Group Sales Director, this role requires an experienced leader who can motivate and manage a team of Key Account Managers responsible for selling the portfolio of products and services.
This is a high visibility position with full accountability for meeting strategic and operating objectives.
The role of Sales Manager is a strategic and practical role, understanding the strategic sales goals, training and developing the team members, developing an operational plan and working with the team to achieve set objectives. The individual will need to build relationships with education institutions at a senior level.
A passion for selling, the desire to achieve financial and performance targets, excellent communication and presenting skills, leadership and training ability are the main attributes required to be successful in this role.
- Build an operational plan which supports the sales strategy.
- Develop and manage the key accounts budget and monetary targets for all key account managers
- Ensure that goals and targets are met and budgets are in accordance with business goals
- Using market-related data to identify trends, market opportunities and threats; ensuring proactive approach to client and product focus.
- Build relationships with key contacts
- Continually prospect for new business whilst actively managing and increasing sales with current accounts.
- Create and develop presentations for individual clients and client groups to sell the portfolio of products
- Ensure that sector and customer knowledge developed through external contact is effectively fed back into the organisation in a structured way.
Performance & Management
- Responsible for the recruitment, induction and development of staff, training Key Account Manager on the sales structure and measurably improving their sales performance by supporting, mentoring, coaching and training team members.
- Deliver KPI’s by implementing development plans for individuals with measurable milestones.
- Training and coaching the team in key sales skills.
- Accurate forecasting and active pipeline management
- Develop short and long-term key account manager incentives to drive sales
- Ensure that team has up to date knowledge of all products and services and related data and to lead and motivate the team by holding regular sales team training.
- Reviewing sales process associated with the team and recommending and implementing improvements.
- Meet agreed sales and performance targets
- Responsible for allocation of work and tasks amongst team and ensuring productivity targets are met, and any issues addressed.
- Report operational and budgetary performance to the Sales Director and producing figures of achievement.
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results
- Ensure that sector and customer knowledge developed through external contact is effectively fed back into the organisation in a structured way
- To be the first-level contact for any team escalated issue or complaint; to satisfactory resolution.
- Ensuring effective communication within the wider sales team.
Other Tasks & Duties
- To attend meetings as requested
- To comply with any reasonable request by senior colleagues.
- To attend any courses management may deem beneficial.
- To support Online and Print Customer Services when necessary in line with business needs.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable track record of leading and managing a high achieving B2B sales team.
- An ambition to deliver on agreed targets.
- Excellent people management skills
- Coach and train sales methods and implement new sales approaches.
- Ability to lead from the front and drive both personal and team sales achievement.
- Commercial acumen (understanding profitability and cost drivers).
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Able to analyse and interpret data effectively and use to provide business or market insight to the team.
- Understanding of recruitment advertising
- Existing network of key education contacts.
- Team player
- Able to influence at all levels
- Competent in reporting revenues and forecasting.
- Customer focus ethos.
- Effective verbal communication skills in particular the ability to provide clear guidance and instructions.
- Leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels.
- Goal Setting / Short and Long-Term Planning and excellent organisational skills.
- Business & Commercial acumen.
- Effective influencing and selling skills.
- Relationship management and evidence of building long tern client relationships.
- Able to operate within a changing environment.
- Able to communicate concisely.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to prioritise workload and excellent time management.
If you have the relevant skills/experience for this role then apply now for more information
- Sales Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job