Are you an independent, self-motivated and tenacious professionally qualified senior audit manager who is interested in:
• Facing new challenges every day?
• Working in complex and diverse organisations?
• Making a difference through the work you do with clients?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a service which continually strives to improve. We are looking for someone who:
• Is highly experienced in managing an audit function that works for more than one client, has a good track record of meeting relevant quality standards and maintains good client relationships;
• Can contribute to developing clients governance arrangements.
If you would like to lead a highly regarded, energetic, creative and supportive team, then we would like to hear from you.
In this post, you will:
• Be accountable for providing a high quality, independent, objective assurance and consulting internal audit service to various clients across two locations (10km apart), which is designed to add value and improve their operations.
• Work collaboratively with others to:
Ensure clients operate an effective audit committee function that complies with recognised good practice guidance;
Develop and then maintain clients’ governance and assurance frameworks in line with good practice guidance;
Effectively manage the working relationships between the organisations receiving a service from the team;
Support the Shared Service Board set up to oversee the development and delivery of internal audit services.
• Manage a team of 13 staff and also 2 framework agreements for various audit work assigned externally. All current internal team members have a continual professional development programme throughout their employment with the Council.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and Castle Point Borough Council are neighbouring authorities who share a Head of Internal Audit post and pool their internal audit staff to provide a service to both councils and South Essex Homes (a housing management company). The successful candidate will be expected to work at both clients offices the team provides a service to. Subject to eligibility the Council offers support with relocation costs up to a maximum of £8,000.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business