The Pirbright Institute is a world leading centre in research and surveillance of virus diseases of farm animals and viruses that spread from animals to humans. As part of its mission to provide world-class research, the Institute is now looking to recruit an experienced Head of Information Technology who is able to transform and deliver against an exciting and demanding IT strategy. Basic circa £65k plus excellent benefits and the chance to make a positive impact within an innovative, forward thinking culture.
Working alongside the Senior Leadership Team and the associated Pirbright Institute Committees, the Head of Information Technology ("Head of IT") will provide strategic input into IT planning, budgets and projects, together with responsibility for delivery of a high-quality IT service to approx. 450 service users, achieving value for money within budget and generate efficiencies as required based on KPI's agreed annually.
Key responsibilities of the Head of IT include:
* The provision of business as usual, future services and infrastructure, maintaining and developing the Institute's technical platforms, including user computing, applications, web services, back office systems and infrastructure.
* Delivering IT projects and world-class IT services to users, working across all levels within the Institute to provide high quality, well-supported digital services that meet the needs of and supports the Institute's aims.
* Leadership of the IT team, including individual and team development, aligning the IT Department to both strategic and operational goals and accountabilities.
The successful Head of IT will have experience and attributes that include:
* The personal qualities, gravitas and cultural fit to work in a collaborative manner across the whole organisation, including the Senior Management Team, with the required vision, resilience and energy to overcome obstacles and challenges.
* A "can do" attitude required to lead, coach and manage the IT team, reflecting the Pirbright's values of Passion, Reliability, Innovation, Dignity and Excellence.
* Management of IT teams, ideally within science, research led (including academia, healthcare, pharmaceutical) or publicly funded organisations.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of infrastructure technologies (Networking, Backup and resilience, Email, VDI, Information / Cyber Security).
* Previous hands-on experience of managing a complex virtualised server environment.
In return you can expect a competitive salary of circa £65k basic plus excellent benefits, including:
* Generous Group Personal Pension Scheme and life cover (subject to age and earnings)
* 25 days annual leave per annum pro rata plus 2.5 privilege days and public bank holidays.
* Pirbright gym with subsidised membership
* Pirbright social club
* Pirbright Lifestyle Hub (employee discount site)
* Cycle to work
* Subsidised staff restaurant
* Childcare vouchers and a subsidised childcare allowance
* Free onsite parking
If you are an experienced IT Manager or Head of IT, with experience of successfully leading IT teams and delivering innovative change within similar research, academia, publicly funded or healthcare environments, looking to further your career within a stimulating environment, then apply today to join one of the world's leading scientific research institutes.
For more information, please apply or contact Andrew Medhurst at our retained consultants Inspire People in complete confidence.
"Head of IT", "IT Manager", "Head of Information Technology", "The Pirbright Institute", "IT Director", "Director of IT"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"