Stopsley High School are seeking to appoint a Head of ICT from September 2018
Your new school
Stopsley High School is an 11-16 mixed Comprehensive School and Community College situated in a quiet area on the Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire border with convenient access to Luton Airport, the M1 and main line rail links to London. Stopsley High School is a popular, oversubscribed school described by Ofsted in October 2014 as "a good school where students are respectful of each other and their teachers … students are polite, well-mannered and courteous."
Your new role
Stopsley High School are seeking to appoint a Head of ICT from September 2018 to offer vision and direction for the department and to be responsible for the academic progress of all the students who study their subject and continually raise achievement. The Head of department is responsible for day to day leadership and line management for each member of staff in the department and to encourage and support the professional development of staff and promote a positive working atmosphere which encourages cooperation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Teacher status
- Good degree in the relevant subject
- A proven track record of excellent exam results across Key Stages 3 and 4
- Be an excellent teacher with the ability to inspire students to become effective independent learners
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Appreciate the balance between academic, social and emotional development of young people needed to create an outstanding school
What you'll get in return
- A friendly, open and support school with a strong induction programme.
- Commitment to professional development of all colleagues
- The opportunity to be involved in cutting edge developments in the school's teaching and learning groups
- A brand new school building that opened in January 2017 with state of the art facilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Teacher School Job Head of Department HOD ICT