Purpose of the Job
To design and write all Humanities programs to ensure they hit national curriculum specifications and customer requirements. To assist the Curriculum Manager in delivering training and support to all teams on Humanities courses checking on the delivery of team KPI's through monitoring of reports and daily contact. To deal with customers including complaint resolution and helping to drive sales through continued quality and staff development. To work with the Curriculum Manager to write and improve materials.
To deliver engaging and inspirational programmes leading to defined outcomes for young learners in accordance with PET-Xi company values and which meet prescribed internal and external standards, in accordance with the detailed specification agreed with the particular client.
To monitor and quality assure all aspects of Humanities programmes from staff training to verification of results.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for writing and checking all materials for Humanities courses with Curriculum Manager as appropriate
· Writing, organising and running regular training sessions for new and existing Humanities training staff
· Development of all new Humanities training staff â€" recommending those who can lead and expert while overseeing their development
· Overseeing the double checking of all Humanities exams completed during any PET-Xi Humanities courses
· Overseeing the analysis of all results for invoicing within 5 working days of course ending
· Overseeing the analysis of actual GCSE in comparison with our results within 3 weeks of the actual exam results being released. This will include making relationships with School Exams Officers to ensure swift confirmation of the results
· Working alongside the Curriculum Manager to ensure the correct staff are placed on all Humanities courses
· Speaking to customers at schools you are working with and bringing in new business.
· Make sure training targets from course analysis of Humanities courses are delivered to all staff and all staff understand them
· Talking to all staff you are responsible for on a daily basis as well as reporting to the Curriculum Manager on a daily basis including a weekly report.
Skills and Experience
· Previous experience with engaging with young peoplesâ€™ activities
· Ability to engage with and inspire young learners by using appropriate training techniques and inter-personal skills
· Create an appropriate learning environment and maintain a disciplinary framework by demonstrating a strong presence in the classroom or venue
· At all times deliver learning in accordance with PET-Xi published values, sometimes in the face of provocation and under pressure
· Engage effectively with the client at local level and actively respond to any complaints or concerns
· Be capable of modifying delivery method or learner work plans when appropriate (self-reliance)
· Methodical & organised throughout the learning programme in order to deliver the required learning evidence at the conclusion of each programme to the standard required by the internal moderator
· Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e.Â Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Experience of managing staff including disciplinary procedures would be useful
· Qualified Teacher in Humanities (PGCE)
· Humanities related Degree
This is not an exhaustive list of roles and responsibilities and from time to time you may be required to work in different areas of the business in line with your skill base and your position within the company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job