Head of Human Resources - UK
| HR Manager | Wind Energy | Renewable Energy | Wind Power | HR Business Partner | Mechanical| Engineering | Electrical | Manufacturing| Heavy Industries |
Head of HR - your role
The Head of HR UK will responsible for guiding and managing the overall provision of the UK HR Shared Service and the optimisation of the entire organisation with regards to human resources, and is responsible for maintaining contact with our German branch. This individual will ensure that all HR operations are carried out smoothly and effectively and support the overall business strategy. Along with Senior Management, the Head of HR UK will develop organisational strategies by identifying and researching HR issues; contributing information, analysis and recommendations and establishing HR objectives in line with the goals of the organisation at both a local and international level.
The Head of HR UK will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build positive and constructive relationships, along with a persuasive nature and collaborative approach to customer demands. The individual must be extremely organised with excellent decision making and analytical skills, along with the ability to be assertive, resilient, and impartial/objective in challenging situations. The role needs a highly committed, positive, ambitious and forward-thinking individual with high level of initiative and keen sense of ethics.
Head of HR - Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement HR strategies in line with business goals
- Remain up to date with business objectives in order to develop suitable HR support and direction for all departments, both transactional and strategic long-term relating to remuneration and benefits, L&D, employee relations, and recruitment.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of procedures relating to people strategy, organisational development and corporate strategy plans
- Advise management about the style and application of HR policy using HR metrics and the regulations
- Provide HR expertise and advice to UK leadership team.
- Act as the first point of contract with HR HQ in Germany
- Manage the HR Shared Service operation within the UK
- Ensure that all subordinates have suitable KPI’s and direction to support the overall strategy of HR
- Carry out appraisals and ensure that subordinates have the necessary skills to perform their role
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience and provide work direction/mentoring to more junior team members.
- Manage the development and implementation of the HR policy and the HR metrics in accordance with our international frame;
- Ensure the company remains compliant with local laws and regulations through policy implementation and evaluation
- Ensure that policies and procedures are updated as and when required
- Provide guidance to management on HR policies and best practice
- Coach, Mentor and Develop subordinates to ensure they perform to the best of their ability
- Support the HR team with global mobility reporting and mobility issues
- Manage complex and difficult HR projects cross-functionally.
You may be required from time to time to perform other jobs deemed necessary to assist and fulfil the requirements of the business. You will also be involved in teamwork and cooperation with other departments in the UK and abroad. Other responsibilities may include those of an acting HRBP such as;
- Strategic Development of the business
- Contributing a proactive stance regarding development and implementation of HR policy
- Create organisational capacity for effective execution of the Remuneration & Benefits Strategy in order to drive employee engagement and retention
- Manage annual salary review and benchmarking process
- Learning and development
- Labour law / Employee Relations
- Global Mobility
- Ensure that default monthly, quarterly and annual reports are all completed and submitted on time
- Management of Projects
- Management and supervision
The holder of this post will, where required, suggest necessary changes to this job description if the scope of the role is further developed and new tasks are assigned or other tasks become obsolete. Upon these suggestions, the Global Head of HR Corporate Functions or Country Manager UK may choose to change and re-issue this job profile to the employee. The Global Head of HR Corporate Functions or Country Manager UK may choose to amend this job profile giving the employee notice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job