Head of Human Resources (Leeds)
Role: Head of Human Resources (New Business Opportunity)
Location: National travel with prestigious Head Office based in Glasgow
Salary: Up to £65,000 depending on experience, competitive benefits package inc Bonus, car/car allowance, Private medical Insurance, pension, life assurance, legal insurance, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and access to a wide selection of voluntary benefits and discounts.
As a result of our client’s new business strategy, we are looking to recruit a dynamic, business focused Head of HR within City Facilities Management, who deliver hard and soft Facilities Management services for a number of high-profile customers, including a long-standing major contract with Asda.
Established in 1985, the City group now employs over 13,000 people and provide excellent opportunities in development and career growth for its people.
This outstanding opportunity has arisen because of City’s business strategy to increase its client base with additional new business to compliment its current and impressive portfolio.
Because of this strategic direction, we are now embarking on this important recruitment exercise for our client.
This will result in the appointment of a high-profile Head of HR who will assume responsibility for driving and implementing the People agenda within a new contract.
Reporting to the Group People Director, The Head of HR will devise and implement HR strategies that support the company’s key objectives through the engagement, performance and development of its people and the successful management of change.
This requires the effective delivery of resourcing, performance, reward, development and communication initiatives to build effectiveness at organisational, team and individual levels.
The Head of HR is seen as playing a key role as a strategic business partner to senior managers throughout the new business. This demands the ability to link HR directly to the company’s commercial objectives, and to challenge the norm, at both strategic and operational levels.
- Develop HR plans that are strongly focused on the strategic needs of the business.
- Act resourcefully in guiding and coaching people at all levels in the company to achieve both strategic goals and operational objectives.
- Participate in meetings with fellow senior managers and contribute to the formulation of strategy and, particularly, the dynamic part that Human Resources can play.
Maintain effective HR practice:
- Ensure the company is well equipped to recruit excellent candidates with the right mix of skills and attitudes.
- Work specifically with managers at all levels to motivate, develop and keep the best talent - be they potential future senior managers, technical specialists or the highest performers.
- Maintain an effective performance management system that links company and individual objectives and development needs and provides clear and objective measurement of success.
- Work with the central people team to maintain a complete compensation and benefits system (pay, bonuses, pension and benefits) that meets the needs of the business to attract and retain talented people, incentivise and reward high performance at business, team and individual level.
- Ensure the provision of a pragmatic, professional and operational HR service
- Work closely with senior managers to review the organisation in light of future objectives and manage required changes.
- Extensive experience in HR Senior Management.
- Demonstrable experience managing strategic change across an organisation.
- Experience in multi-site working, leading an HR team and TUPE are essential.
- Ideally experience at both a strategic and operational level
- Pragmatic, results focused and commercially minded HR professional, with strong analytical skills and ability to assess commercial and financial risk.
- Strategic approach alongside a can-do attitude with a delivery focus.
- Knowledge of trends in retention strategies, employee performance management and employee engagement.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral, negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to relate to all employees and management at all levels.
- The ability to lead a team and influence others.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
Can work flexibly, calmly and efficiently whilst responding to ever-changing business priorities.
If you feel this exciting opportunity is for you, please send your CV in the strictest confidence, with a covering letter to Gary Russell at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED
- Business Strategy
- Facilities Management
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'