My client, an SME in Newport Pagnell in looking to recruit an experienced Head of HR for a fantastic organisation that really values their employees. Part of the Senior Leadership Team, the role reports into the CEO and is accountable for 2 direct reports. The organisation has ambitious growth plans and although the role is hands on, it is a mixture of strategic and operational and there is the opportunity of hybrid working. The organisation is very focused on D&I and wellbeing and this is demonstrated throughout the organisation.
- To lead and manage the HR function, taking an appropriate share of the departmental workload.
- On behalf of the LT, to lead the Wellbeing programme. This to include wellbeing-themed weeks of engagement activity. Liaise with the LT wellbeing champion to ensure the provision of a team of wellbeing champions.
- On behalf of the LT, to lead the Diversity and Inclusion programme.
- To ensure the promotion of volunteering and the provision of company-wide volunteering opportunities.
- Oversea the creation and maintenance of HR policy documents.
- Manage and maintain a range of employee benefits.
- To provide a recruitment service to the business. This to include posting job adverts, placing roles with agencies, managing the selection process, negotiating offers, and onboarding new starters.
- The chair of a Health and Safety Committee and, through this mechanism, to ensure that the company meets all its legal obligations. And to ensure the provision of first aid and mental health first aid to associates.
- To take a lead role in all structural change programmes from preparation of the business case through to confirmation of outcomes.
- To provide advice and assistance on all HR matters to LT members, line managers, and associates.
- Working with colleagues throughout the business, to provide a range of engagement activities and opportunities. This to include, but not be limited to, Learning at Work Week and BIW's annual Family Fortunes competition.
- To play a full role as part of the LT.
- A proven track record as a generalist HR Manager having held previous position of seniority and able to establish credibility quickly.
- A passion for employee engagement.
- Thrives on change.
- A hands on approach working as part of a small HR team and happy to take a share of the day-to-day workload.
- The ability to contribute at leadership team level and to influence senior colleagues.
- Employment law knowledge and proven experience applying recent legislation.
- Has commercial acumen
- Experience of implementing change, both tactical and strategic.
There is the opportunity to work from home 2/3 days a week. The salary is £65,000-£75,000 plus excellent holidays. However, what really makes this organisation unique are their gestures and wellbeing activities that make their employees feel truly valued.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'